Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did the Jews come from India?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,124 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

If it were a fact then that could be a good explanation for the total absence of Jewish traces in Israel and Egypt until the last millennium BC.

But there is no evidence for that theory either.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,407 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Just some more of this article, for interest:

5. CUSTOMS
Describing the strength of his evidence, Shukla notes, "Sometimes, these evidences become so strong as may lead one to suspect that the Hebrews might have really been an offshoot of Vedic Aryans." (Shukla 1976, p.41)
Some of his strong evidence relates to common customs:
"It may also be mentioned here that like a devout Jew, a devout Hindu is also required to pray three times a day, morning, afternoon and evening (traikalika-sandhya).
To cite still another similarity in religious practices between the Hindus and the Jews, Hayyim Schauss notes in his Jewish Festivals, p.64: "When all is ready, the Samaritans form groups about the {p.47} sacrificial animals, and after uttering the prescribed blessings, fall upon the roast meat, pulling it hastily to pieces with their hands. Portions are brought to the women and children in the tents. Everybody eats rapidly and in twenty minutes all that is left is a mound of bones."
Here it is worthwhile to note: (a) Though turned largely vegetarians now, the Brahmins of India present almost similar scenes of eating hastily in their religious and ritual grand-feasts.
(B) Like Hebrews, the Hindu womenfolk also sit in seclusion to eat their share in their public feasts.
© Any person, who eats too rapidly (hurridly, impatiently), or too much, is called a 'haboru' in the Hindi language, particularly in the Avadhi dialect... The resemblance between the words Hebrew and Haboru is particulary striking" (Shukla 1976, p.46-47) "there is a strong case to suspect or speculate that either the Hebrews really belong to a branch of Vedic Aryans, or that they had been in direct touch with the latter at some remote and unrecorded period of their history." (Shukla 1876, p.47)
6. ANTHROPOLOGY
Citing evidence from anthropology for his thesis, Shukla notes:
"The above discussion also leads us to the conclusion that the term 'Bharatavarsa' (-> India) actually means 'the land of the Hebrews', a conclusion which is fully supported by the observation of Prof. S.K. Chatterji that, "the third Mediterranean strain, the so-called 'Oriental' one, commonly miscalled the Semitic or Jewish, with a pronouncedly long nose and fair in skin, is found in the Punjab, in Sind, in Rajputana and in Western UP, and .... in other parts of India" [R.C. Majumdar, ed. Vedic Age, 1965, p.145-6]" (Shukla 1979, p.57)
To this we may add the brachycephaly common to both Jews and Brahmins.

http://veda.harekrsn...ic-Brahmins.php

I must say, the nose was something that stood out to me.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#18    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,407 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 September 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

If it were a fact then that could be a good explanation for the total absence of Jewish traces in Israel and Egypt until the last millennium BC.

But there is no evidence for that theory either.
That's a good point actually. I don't know how many times it's been rammed down throats here that there is no early evidence for them in the mentioned places.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#19    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 30 September 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

These are the 'proper linguists' that make up fake words they call *proto because they can't figure it out any other way I gather you speak of?

Exactly, thought those words are far from "fake". At least they don't think that a few items of vocabulary can prove linguistic relation. Based on that, Nahuatl and English are related, because they share words like chocolate, avocado, coyote, shack and much more.

#20    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,397 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 30 September 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

What haplogroup would a Brahmin of 2000BC be then?

Considering that Jews are Canaanite in origin, they would be Haplogroup J2 which did not originate in or near Pakistan or India.

As to relevant haplogroups to the latter, see the following:

Attached File  Haplogroups in India.jpg   57.73K   4 downloads

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#21    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,873 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 30 September 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Lingusitcally, Prof. Madan Mohan Shukla plays Link-a-Lingua or Lego-Linguistics just like Puzzler does.
His theories are not accepted by Proper Linguists.

All of us that know the Puzz certainly recognized that the lego linguistic aspect was right up her ally! LOL :w00t:

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#22    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,412 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 30 September 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

Well, that would be Aristotle was right, not me.
What haplogroup would a Brahmin of 2000BC be then?
The guy I pictured was a Brahmin Jew.
In his blog he was having a rant about western Jews insitance that Jews were by nature Israilites, sorry, cant find the blog now.
Anyway, that's is beyond the point..

From Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia....e_Jews_in_India

The oldest of the Indian Jewish communities is in Cochin. The traditional account is that traders from Judea arrived in the city of Cochin, Kerala, in 562 BCE, and that more Jews came as exiles from Israel in the year 70 CE.

I think aristotle "322,384 BCE" was wrong.. These events occured a long 200 years before him.

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

Could it have been the other way round?

* The Cochin Jews arrived in India 2,500 years ago and settled down in Kerala as traders.
* The Bene Israel arrived in the state of Maharashtra 2,100 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Jews_in_India

.+++++++

EDIT:

Ah, sorry Professor T, you already quoted from that link.

Edited by Abramelin, 30 September 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#24    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• 1,309 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

View Postthe L, on 30 September 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Maybe thats the reason why Hitler at one point turn against Gypsies. Maybe he thought that they are Jewish spies.

The Jews were first on the Nazis' list of "parasites" whose depredations kept the Germans from achieving their natural prominence in the World, but the Gypsies were in there, too. And there was damn little "at one point" about it: the Nazis murdered a bigger proportion of Europe's Gypsies than Jews.

#25    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

It has been hypothesized that Jews and the 12 tribes were people who were followers of Krishna (the blue God) and when Dwarka drowned (the fabled city of Krishna located in the Gujrat,Punjab,Pakistan regions) they migrated to the near East.The people of Krishna were called 'Yadhus' (modern descendants in India 'Yadavs') and the jews are still known as 'Yahudis' in the near East.
Mythologically the Yadhus were cursed by the Maternal uncle of Krishna called 'Kaansa' to be persucted through out their future.

There is lot of circumstantial evidence for the India and Jews connection but any Indologist who suggests the same is immediately branded a 'Hindu' nationalist etc.

#26    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

View Postthe L, on 30 September 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Maybe thats the reason why Hitler at one point turn against Gypsies. Maybe he thought that they are Jewish spies.
'Arya' was in all probabilities not a race but a culture and 'Aryans' were the one who followed Aryan culture and not a race.Hitler didn't know a dang of what a Aryan is and just went along stupid hypothesis proposed by confused and arguing linguist about the origin of Aryans and their migrations.The holocaust is a very good example of how faulty historical assumptions have deiven the course of World history.If Hitler thougth that Germanic people have originally migrated out of India and their ancestors were followers of 'Aryan' culture then he would have had absolutely no pretence to do what he did.Because of the Aryan invasion theory and the Aryan race originating in regions around modern day germany,Hitler was able to successfully isolate the 'Aryan' people from their inherent culture of peace and non-violence and benovelance to others especially guests (who are considered to be equivalent to Gods and have to be treated with the same respect).This isolation was helped by the hypothesis that the Aryans were a pure or seperate race and not a culture bound to the value system of the Vedas.

#27    Mathai Varghese

Mathai Varghese

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Please read the book '..http://abrahambenhur.com/jewish_indian.html

The above book says that the Hebrews came to India.  The book is by Dr. Abraham BenHur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users