Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can you live without Texting?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I could live without it.....chocolate on the other hand....no

#32    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm a techno dinosaur.  All I have is a desktop computer and a landline phone.  Oh, and a DVD player built into my TV because it came that way. I wouldn't know how to text or use a cell phone and just have no desire to learn.

Edited by moonshadow60, 01 October 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#33    TheSpoonyOne

TheSpoonyOne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

I don't have anyone to text...

Posted Image

#34    Tmars78

Tmars78

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• It was all a dream......

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hell no. If I couldn't text, I'd probably die. HAHA I send 10,000+ texts a month. Now the majority of those are to my best friend. Texting is how we talk to each other. I live in Philadelphia and she lives in Los Angeles, so when we talk, it's via text. We can talk that way for hours, cause we're not tied to the phone and can respond to the text when you get the time.

#35    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostTheSpoonyOne, on 01 October 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Posted Image
lol....I feel ya..... :cry:

#36    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,676 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

First..I don't have a cell phone or any other device that does texting..I never even "texted" before so I can easily continue to do without it until the day I die.

Secondly I do not think we are becomming any more connected or disconnected; this seems to have become another term to scare the people into thinking, once more, that our society is going to crumble because of the devices we have.

Not any different that people in earlier times whining about how society was going to disappear because of the advent of movies and records.

#37    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

I had survived many horrible years without it, I am sure I could manage without it once again.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#38    Lady Annabella

Lady Annabella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• The wind creates a soft enchanting tune, one that sweeps over you , through your veins and envelopes your soul

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

I have noticed its younger adults that text a lot more then older ones, naturally because we know what land lines were . However, some adult text a lot just like some young adults might not , the ones that you see texting and walking into " fountains" or " off the rail track" well they are just ignorant and deserved to walk into something . It is common sense to watch where you are going , does not mean it is an epidemic , just that some people are to dumb to look while walking those are the few that really deserve to walk into " fountains " and off the rail. :)

#39    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,288 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Texting is made worse because of my current phone.   It doesn't have a full keyboard.  Each button might represent 3 letters.  The software "guesses" what I'm trying to say but usually does a bad job of it, and I have to keep erasing what it adds.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#40    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,669 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Nvr txt'd. Cuz it destryz th inglish langwage.

#41    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

who remembers the article where a woman fell off the cliff when she was texting? LOL! im that 10% of americans dat dont text cuz i use my comp.

#42    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostTheSpoonyOne, on 01 October 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Posted Image
FOREVER ALONE! i feel u bro :cry:  lets be friends :)

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#43    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,308 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

I hate texting...to me a phone is for talking.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#44    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

never have texted, hopefully never will My cell is forbidden from sending and receiving texts,  E-mails on the other hand are a whole different ball of wax altogether.

#45    HecticSherlock

HecticSherlock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• "I hate having to jump into convo's, idea's, or subjects without prior knowledge or facts to back me up..but if religion can do it!"

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Isn't sending messages via private message,chat,etc technically texting? I mean if we really wanna get technical... commenting on this post alone is considered txting,so Ryn you're actually a wiz at texting and didn't even know it :) congrats mate, and cheers to a job well done~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users