Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do tigers stand a chance?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I love big cats. Tigers rank as one of my favorite animals too. I love alot of animals.

It will be a tragic world if our only representatives in the world of this majestic animal is only found in zoos, pictures, and video. Heartbreaking.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 28 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

They actually make nice fireside rugs.

Posted Image

Does anybody know where I can buy one of these?

Are you trying to be funny? Cause it really isn't.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Tigers seem to have a wide popular aesthetic appeal. That's probably why they will still exist in zoos long after they're extinct in the wild. But there's also the loss of biodiversity aspect. Species are going extinct at a high rate, mostly plants and insects, which don't get the same attention as beautiful tigers do.

I'm not proposing we give up on tigers but I think it helps to get a bigger picture. The IUCN Red List is the authority on endangered and recently extinct species. If you click on the Extinct tab you'll see it goes on for pages and pages. Again, most are lower forms of life, but I just flipped through the first three pages and landed on the Desert Rat Kangaroo which was pronounced extinct in 1996.

I can't describe it, you'll have to look at the picture in the wiki page above. Anyways, it went extinct from over hunting by aboriginals and predation by the red foxes that were introduced to Australia, for fox hunting of course. There are now over 7 million red foxes in Australia.   /sigh

#19    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Tigers are fantastic animals and they should be treated well. They're not toys :(

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users