Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Playing RPGs

rpgs

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostInsanity, on 04 October 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

One of my favorite characters was a gnome rogue.  When we started playing it was AD&D 2E, and eventually we converted over to 3rd when it came out.

In short, the gnome was a b******.  More a cat burglar, most notably, he had murdered a family of elves once when a job went bad.  Then the crime was framed onto another gnome by the guild he belonged too.

Additionally, our group was on some quest, I think to find pieces of a broken rod.  An evil wizard wanted it, and somehow I was kidnapped by him, and after some torturous nights in his tower, I was given a choice of spying on the group for him, or death.  I chose to spy.
One of my fav characters was a 3E Halfling Rogue/Fighter who self assigned himself to the partys Paladin/Knight as Squire. He was hilarious on his Riding Dog following Sir Andrew and telling the peasents to bow down and talking smack to the various bad guys how SIr Andrew was going to drop them in one shot and such. And the resulting, "YOU ARE NOT MY SQUIRE!!", in the middle of combat was almost too much. I think his name was Bartamaius Hollowhill, Bart for short, and he (By good luck and some fast-talking) had the feats, classes and levels to dual-wield two mastercrafted, repeating, hand crossbows. Sure a hand crossbow does 1d4 or some such, but combined with bonus, sneak attack, poison and magical effects and such he was able to drop anything less then a bugbear in one shot. He also had a weakness for candy and pies and got the party tossed out of more then one town for the occational unplanned pie theft. (Why do those housewives always put the pie in the front window? Don't they know that is impossible for a Chaotic Neutral halfling Thief to resist???)

Good times.

Edited by DieChecker, 07 October 2012 - 11:47 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#47    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

< has played the D&D box set ( original basic set by  gary gygax), AD&D  first edition,  3.0 and 3.5 and pathfinder  I've also played car wars and  D20 modern  Zombie  Apocalypse

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 08 October 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#48    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

< has played the D&D box set ( original basic set by  gary gygax), AD&D  first edition,  3.0 and 3.5 and pathfinder  I've also played car wars and  D20 modern  Zombie  Apocalypse

Car Wars is a fun game...

#49    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

it's been a long time since i played car wars. I could never get enough money or equipment to make the vehicle i wanted and always died early in the game
I much perfer fantasy gaming ( I like dragons and ....other mythical creatures )

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 08 October 2012 - 01:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users