Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Does the name Jesus make you mad? Why ?

religios vocabulary

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#136    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

History of Christianity was history of intellect. They didnt read Origins but they were not stupid.
For spreading of education we can realy thanks Chatolic Church.

Edited by the L, 16 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#137    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,843 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostDash--, on 16 October 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

... :tu:

Thank you Dash.

peace
mark

#138    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,843 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postthe L, on 16 October 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Imagine all his pupils died claiming he was God. Not that he existed. Would you die for claiming that Im God if I was not?
They are convinced.
Also people talk here about Jesus and never read a Bible or live true Christian life...Thats hilarious.

One quote from Bible comes to my mind. By Jesus. "Ask and you shall be given. Would you give your child a snake if he was asking for a fish?" Thats my interpretation.

That is strong message. Would you teach you child Christianity if you were not sure that he was God? Tracing that tradition we come to 12 apostoles who all died claiming he was a God.

:tu:

Jesus rose from the dead.  I doubt the 12 got together and came up with some kind of conspiracy to create some world religion.  Why would they do that, and why would they die for a lie?Poeple may die for things that aren't true, people will not die for a lie, something they know to be false.  When Jesus died on the cross for all practical purposes it was over, his followers in hiding.  He rose, overcame death and appeared to the 12 and others, Paul talks about 500, many who were still alive when he wrote his letters.  No, it is real, true, Jesus is Lord.  Again if he died, then nothing more would have happened.

If I was not sure about who Jesus was., no I would not teach him to my children.... if he is not who he claims to be,  then he was a mad man, who thought way more of himself that he should have......
peace
mark

Edited by markdohle, 16 October 2012 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users