Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

women special or equal?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostJohn Rayne, on 07 October 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

This is rather old-fashoned, but I believe in equality in all things other than self-defense.  Such as; As a man I would not like to see a woman on the front lines simply because I find women more special than men.  Such as if there were 3 people, myself, 1 man, and 1 woman in a gas station.  We can even say I do not know these 2 people.  Now, something happens!  Nobody move, robbery, hands in the air!  The cashier starts to resist and fight the robbers and they start shooting. It all happend so fast and they turned in our direction.  The man is on my left, woman on right, ---  I am jumping right and taking that woman down out of fire.  That's just me.  No woman goes crazy and killing everyone with assault rifle and I'm only one there with a gun --- she's down.  

And after re-reading this I will still post but like to add that this seems very sexist but it is out of love not looking down or thinking less of a woman... if that makes sense

I'm inclined to think like that only if the woman is a lady about things and carries herself as a lady.  I had a friend tell me that he opened the door for a woman one time and she called him a sexist pig to which I can't place here what he said back but he told me that was the last time he was going to open the door for any woman.  I really don't discriminate on who I help out. If a guy is coming up after me, I'll hold the door open too, and so far, I've gotten a 100% Thanks on that from both sexes.  I tend to think there are more women who are ladies than these type of misandrist witches.

The thinking of automatically assuming that a woman is innocent or (to a point) helpless, has gone out the window many many years ago.  I've heard of people being set up that way for robbery or worse things.

#62    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,703 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostMantis914, on 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

I'm inclined to think like that only if the woman is a lady about things and carries herself as a lady.  I had a friend tell me that he opened the door for a woman one time and she called him a sexist pig to which I can't place here what he said back but he told me that was the last time he was going to open the door for any woman.  I really don't discriminate on who I help out. If a guy is coming up after me, I'll hold the door open too, and so far, I've gotten a 100% Thanks on that from both sexes.  I tend to think there are more women who are ladies than these type of misandrist witches.

The thinking of automatically assuming that a woman is innocent or (to a point) helpless, has gone out the window many many years ago.  I've heard of people being set up that way for robbery or worse things.
I don't blame your friend for responding in that way, I too try and hold the door open for both sexes regardless when the opportunity arises. Most women who I do open the door for have seemed to like being treated with such respect, others appreciative but clearly thinking "I can take care of myself", at least most women I consider "strong", not saying solely in the physical sense take after either of those.

The one who berated your friend was probably some extremist feminist. No level of extreme is any good. Obviously too critical of what would normally be considered a respectful gesture.

#63    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Any man who does not believe women are special is in for a long and lonely life, in my humble opinion.

#64    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostMantis914, on 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Only a woman who is insecure about her own strength (not in the physical sense) and self-esteem would respond to a gesture like opening the door for her with an insult. Resorting to violence by both genders, imo, is also a sign of weakness. However, for a man to respond in kind and hit back a physically weaker or smaller person puts him on the same level of his aggressor if not lower. He can always walk away or immobilize this person, but entering a boxing or scratching match with a woman or an obviously weaker person reflects negatively on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users