Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Al Nakba

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 05 October 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I’m advocating that although the film is very interesting, it is also very dishonest.  Careful now, that is getting real close to being a personal challenge.
To stop this thread turning into a flame-fest, stating that the film is "very dishonest" should be supported by logical argument -- * without* emotional input.

Argue for or against the view/s presented. Do *not* denigrate your opposing poster.
Karlis -- mod team member

#32    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,164 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

I finished part one and in that last half hour, blame was being thrown at the Jews, then the British, then back to the Jews.  The Palestinian is the perfectly little innocent victim.  It never mentioned any atrocities of the Arab Revolution.  And that the Brits were fighting the Palestinians as well as the Jews.  This is being dishonest.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#33    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,164 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostKarlis, on 05 October 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

To stop this thread turning into a flame-fest, stating that the film is "very dishonest" should be supported by logical argument -- * without* emotional input.
What flame-fest?  I think you are the one being emotional thinking that this is some kind of FF.  Iíve been involved in some of the historic FFs from the early days when Al Gore created the internet.  This is nothing compared to those.  ďVery dishonestĒ is the logical argument because it is.  The film is very one sided, blaming everyone else for the plight of the Palestinian except for where the blame truly lies and that is with the Palestinian themselves.  Iím sorry but that is dishonesty in my book.  And thatís not being emotional.  Iím very skeptical by nature.  I donít believe everything I see.  And I know a snakeoil pitch when I see it.

Argue for or against the view/s presented. Do *not* denigrate your opposing poster.
Karlis -- mod team member
I have been arguing against the views presented; have you not been paying attention?  There isnít really that much to establish here.  Did it ever occur to you that it is my opposing poster that was denigrating me?  This is not the NFL where the ref always seems to throw the flag on the one throwing the second punch.  Plus, it is your post that is denigrating me.  You could have left it alone and I would have eventually gotten more into other points.  Now I can take that from Stellar because that is the nature of the beast.  But what recourse do I have to tell a moderator that he is full of it?  Iím as honest as I can be, but I guess you want everyone to just praise this film??  Sorry, I canít do that.  I still have part 2 to view.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users