Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When is the next doomsday?

Render

Since 2012 is almost over, ppl will have to start looking for the next date for a doomsday to take place.

When will it be?

Im guessing it'll be around 2020 or 2030 since more and more articles are starting to pop up mentioning this year. Claiming it will be the year when global warming will take full disastrous effect and kill millions.

And claming it will be the year where traffic will be completely out of control and you'll have to wait for hours to get to work.

Although 2030 has also been claimed to be the year where death by cancer will drop a big 14%.

And more pseudo scientific bs like that.

Any ideas?

Hey Render, Don't give up on 2012 yet!

I'm still hoping for some kind of rapture early in december to get rid of all the evangellical types!

What a killjoy! ;)

Well, I thought doomsday (Armageddon) means doom and The End for all and everything when it occurs?

How may FINAL Dooms-Days are there?

I wish the deliberately wrong, or ignorant doom predictors would stop scaring people with their silly nonsense.

There are no predictions or phrophesies carved in stone. All predictions, or better Warnings, are subject

to our Free Will and as such can be changed by our own actions - or none actions.

We are not the slaves of some unknown power, but Masters of our own destiny.

The future is entirely in our hands, not in the hands of some wrathful, human invented gods.

• Like 2

Well, I thought doomsday (Armageddon) means doom and The End for all and everything when it occurs?

I wish the deliberately wrong, or ignorant doom predictors would stop scaring people with their silly nonsense.

There are no predictions or phrophesies carved in stone. All predictions, or better Warnings, are subject

to our Free Will and as such can be changed by our own actions - or none actions.

The future is entirely in our hands, not in the hands of some wrathful, human invented gods.

End of the world preachers disagree obviously.

And to answer the how many doomsday dates question:

According to wiki there are A LOT

List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events

the list is way too long to post so have a look at the link:

http://en.wikipedia....calyptic_events

The ones already predicted for the future according to wiki

2020–2037 Jeane Dixon This psychic claimed that the Armageddon would take place in 2020 and Jesus would return to defeat the unholy Trinity of the Antichrist, Satan and the False prophet between 2020 and 2037. Dixon previously predicted the world would end on February 4, 1962. [153]

2060 Isaac Newton The end time, according to Isaac Newton's calculations from the Book of Revelations and the Book of Daniel in the Holy Bible. [154]

2240 Talmud, Orthodox Judaism According to an opinion in the Talmud and mainstream Orthodox Judaism, the Messiah should come within 6000 years from the creation of Adam, and the world could possibly be destroyed 1000 years later. This would put the beginning of the period of desolation in the year 2240 AD and the end of the period of desolation in the year 3240 AD. This is not strictly an "end of the world" scenario as it is cyclical in nature. The nature of the period of desolation is controversial and no one theory is binding. Year 6000

2280 Rashad Khalifa According to Rashad Khalifa's research on the Quran Code, the world will end in this year. [155]

3797 Nostradamus In his preface, Nostradamus stated that his prophecies ended in this year. Some have suggested[weasel words] that this implies the end of the world beyond this point. [156] c.

500,000,000 James Kasting The level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will drop as to make Earth unhabitable. [157] c.

4,000,000,000 Various scientists The Andromeda–Milky Way collision is a predicted galaxy collision that will take place in approximately 4 billion years' time between the two largest galaxies in the Local Group—the Andromeda Galaxy and the Milky Way, which contains the Solar System and Earth. [158][159][160] c.

5,000,000,000 Various scientists The end of our Sun's current phase of development, after which it will swell into a red giant, either swallowing the Earth or at least completely scorching it. It is widely accepted by the scientific community that the earth will be destroyed around this time. However, as the Sun grows gradually hotter (over millions of years), the Earth may become too hot for life in only a billion years' time. [157][161]

10100 years. Various scientists The heat death of the universe is a suggested ultimate fate of the universe, in which the universe has diminished to a state of no thermodynamic free energy and therefore can no longer sustain motion or life.

Apparantly im kinda on to something between 2020-2030 haha, who would've thought. I guess anyone can just make up a doomdate. :rolleyes:

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

I bet the Mayan 2012 prophecy actually went something like this:

"On December 23rd 2012 and the run up to it, a lot of people will panic thinking it's the end of the world because they translated this wrong. LOL <--- We invented LOL by the way, When you finally translate this properly many years later, you will LOL and then be in shock at the fact we were right.... "

Edited by Coffey

Well said, Absolutely right..

the earth is our mother and she provides for all our existence. her death will definately be our funeral.

Tomorrow

• Like 1

the earth is our mother and she provides for all our existence. her death will definately be our funeral.

True, but there is still a reasonable chance that we humans will learn to manage on how to look after Earth, and thereby save ourselves.

And, if last long enough we may be able to establish a foothold on nearby moons and planets.

I wish everyone would stop worrying about 'the end' and pay more attention to 'the now'. They'd live much more peaceful lives!

Well the antichrist stuff says it starts in 2012 and finishes in2018. That is if you believe that stuff.

oct 7, 2012

nov 11, 2012

dec 21, 2012

and I've heard that the numbering of years is 3 years off so 2012 will really be in 2015.

I reckon it's a week next tuesday :P

Bold prediction! Where do I sign up to become a follower?

And do I have to sell all my possessions or can I keep the couch?

• Like 1

The official annoucement of the next absolutely solidly proven/verified/bonified not to be taken lightly Doomsday date will be made at 9am on 22 December 2012.

Once only offer, will not be repeated, mark your calendars and tell your friends.