Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Missing 5yr old girl in Wales

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16    zebra99

zebra99

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

This is one of the biggest searches ever mounted in the UK...and I don't think there is now much chance of good news.The river just a mile downstream from the search area is tidal.I feel that with the Lifeboat men being involved in the search, that they are looking for a body out to sea or in the coastal area.
I'd  love to be wrong...but I can't see this ending well after so long.

How the hell can any man hurt a five year old girl?...totally evil.Particularly if it is found to be the arrested man as he has a young family of his own.
God knows how the girls family cope with this tragedy...I don't think I could.

Posted Image

#17    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

It's every parent's most absolute worst nightmare, very sad news.  My heart breaks for her and her family.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,626 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

The only encouraging aspect in all of this is all the folk over there who dropped everything to join the search.  Is it just me or is it that more and more folk are getting out and trying to do something to stop these terrible situations around the world?  I just seem to see larger and larger portions of the community feeling others pain personally these days when these things occur - it is inspiring and of some small comfort to those personally affected I'm sure.

My heart breaks for this wee girl's family - this just should not happen, ever. :cry:

Edited by libstaK, 06 October 2012 - 10:06 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

April Jones: Mark Bridger charged with girl's murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19853582

Posted Image

#20    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Poor little angel :cry: So heartbreaking for her family. :no:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#21    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,281 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 06 October 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

April Jones: Mark Bridger charged with girl's murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19853582

I like the additional charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice.
Maybe they're trying to pressure a confession...

Re: the search, I'd read that Bridger at some point harvested trees, so I think where ever that work might have been could be another viable place to look.
He surely would have gone to somewhere private but familiar immediately following the abduction, and I'm not sure it's possible that his home could have been such a place.

#22    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,626 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

View Postregi, on 06 October 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

I like the additional charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice.
Maybe they're trying to pressure a confession...

Re: the search, I'd read that Bridger at some point harvested trees, so I think where ever that work might have been could be another viable place to look.
He surely would have gone to somewhere private but familiar immediately following the abduction, and I'm not sure it's possible that his home could have been such a place.
Or he may have provided false information to the police to throw them off the scent - even participating in the search when he knew full well what had happened could be construed as "perverting the course of justice".  He is apparently a family friend - how appalling.  That poor family knowing they invited this man into their life and he betrayed them in the most horrible of ways

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#23    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,281 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 October 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Or he may have provided false information to the police to throw them off the scent - even participating in the search when he knew full well what had happened could be construed as "perverting the course of justice".  He is apparently a family friend - how appalling.  That poor family knowing they invited this man into their life and he betrayed them in the most horrible of ways

Oh, yeah...he could have done any of those things to mislead the investigation. At the very least, police have stated that he hasn't given a satisfactory account of his movements from the time of the abduction until his arrest.
I think the evidence against him must be strong enough that police know he did it- and he knows they know, but he still won't confess to where the body is and so that's the reason for the charge.

I'd read that he has a daughter April's age that often played with April. I also read that he took April along with his daughter clam hunting. (maybe that's another place to search.)
This case shows that just because a man appears to be family oriented- indeed, with children of his own- doesn't make him safe.

Yes, he betrayed everyone's trust, and he's compounding the grief by not allowing the recovery of her body.
It's impossible to imagine the agony of her parents.

#24    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,626 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postregi, on 07 October 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Oh, yeah...he could have done any of those things to mislead the investigation. At the very least, police have stated that he hasn't given a satisfactory account of his movements from the time of the abduction until his arrest.
I think the evidence against him must be strong enough that police know he did it- and he knows they know, but he still won't confess to where the body is and so that's the reason for the charge.

I'd read that he has a daughter April's age that often played with April. I also read that he took April along with his daughter clam hunting. (maybe that's another place to search.)
This case shows that just because a man appears to be family oriented- indeed, with children of his own- doesn't make him safe.

Yes, he betrayed everyone's trust, and he's compounding the grief by not allowing the recovery of her body.
It's impossible to imagine the agony of her parents.
He has a child April's age?  They were playmates? OMG this just gets uglier.  I hope the evidence the police have will be so compelling he will see that there is no reason to continue to refuse telling the location of the body.

If it is not compelling evidence, the worst possible tragedy would be a rush to judgement against him - just putting that out there for the sake of there not yet being a trial and conviction. We are actually hearing the police's side of the story at the end of the day even if my gut tells me they are following the evidence correctly.

#25    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,281 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 October 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

He has a child April's age?  They were playmates? OMG this just gets uglier.  I hope the evidence the police have will be so compelling he will see that there is no reason to continue to refuse telling the location of the body.

If it is not compelling evidence, the worst possible tragedy would be a rush to judgement against him - just putting that out there for the sake of there not yet being a trial and conviction. We are actually hearing the police's side of the story at the end of the day even if my gut tells me they are following the evidence correctly.

Yes!...he has a daughter April's age and he'd attended the same school meeting April's parents had attended the eve. of the abduction. (It makes one wonder what his own daughter might have endured.)
I'd read that he had other children, also- I believe four- by at least two women.
I haven't seen much more than that re: his personal life, but it doesn't appear he's married.

I don't know why that when faced with the obvious that people just don't give up, but you know, people get convicted and still won't tell where the body is!
A very good negotiator might be able to get it out of him...you know, play on his pathology...I've seen that work, but it looks like it will be on the searchers to find the body.

Yes, I agree...I would never want to rush to judgement and point the finger at an innocent man, but it appears in this case that they have the right one.

I think the reporting on this case has been very good.
And the way the police have communicated with the public throughout the investigation is excellent. They've appeared very professional and wise. They've allowed just enough info. and at the right times.

#26    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,281 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I don't have a link :blush: , but the charge of attempting to perverse the course of justice relates to "unlawful disposal and concealment of her body."

#27    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

but the charge of attempting to perverse the course of justice relates to "unlawful disposal and concealment of her body

Honest question, is this even legal from the courts/laws point of view. for him to even fight this charge, he wold have to admit to guilt :unsure2:

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 09 October 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#28    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,281 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 09 October 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Honest question, is this even legal from the courts/laws point of view. for him to even fight this charge, he wold have to admit to guilt :unsure2:

I think the charge is appropriate since there's sufficient evidence to charge him with murder.

#29    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I can't imagine how her family must be feeling, not knowing where her body is. They need closure of some kind. He's an evil man for not leading the police to her yet :cry:

#30    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Another update -

"April Jones accused Mark Bridger remanded in custody after court hearing"

"There was no application for bail and he was remanded in custody to appear in a plea and case management hearing on 11 January."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19892608

I really really wish he'd tell them where the wee girl's body is. :(

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users