Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astrology and pseudo science

astrology pseudo science scam

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostThomas J, on 03 October 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

I've always thought of astrology as entertainment, not for me, but for those that enjoy that kind of thing. Like fortune cookies.

Anyone that claims it's a genuine practice and or 'science' that can accurately predict peoples future is unbelievably delusional.

Edit: Deleted common sense part, because clearly, if anyone actually believes 'astrology' it's something they're seriously lacking.
Greetings Thomas,
Interestingly enough you question the mentality of one who embraces Astrology. One can also find your statements qurestionable as they demonstrate you know so little of astrology and are presenting the tabloibal issues. By that token one can say one that is skeptic is also "lacking." Have you had a comprehensive birth chart done for yourself. "A simple yes or no would suffice. :)

View PostAlienated Being, on 03 October 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

I agree with you, however, that does not mean that I do not take the occasional peek at my horoscope just for fun. The forecast is generally ambiguous, and many of the other forecasts for the different signs apply to me, as well.

For example... If a horoscope reads, "You will overcome a challenge today.", then that could mean pretty much have any meaning that you wish to attribute to it.
Greetings Alienated,
ROFLMFAO why does everyone come on here complaining about astrology and the daily horoscope. IT's entertainment!!! Get your own birthchart done!!! It's that simple. If youi know the date and time you were born you can map out where the planets were during your birth.

All these papers are designed to be ambiguous. SOme fools will accept it while others as you and I see that it is entertainment. The issue here is you seem to think it's all mumbo jumbo when for thousands of years it;s been considered not only a serious art but a very valid primiitve science. :) That so many say astrology works for them...who is wrong? THose that feel it works or those who don't do any studying but laugh at the daily paper instead of using as a tool to get in deapth of themselves?

SINcerely,
:devil:

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#17    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 03 October 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Well, yes; of course. Bill Nye did a fine job in debunking astrology.

I like Bill Bye. However I must respectfully disagree with him. Again Astrology is rooted in science. The interprative aspect, the part Bill Nye is crying foul over is the "art" part of astrology. The fact remians that it takes scientific method to chart the planets and their allignment (charting the sun, moon, planets and their locale). Something the masses of you "skeptics" ignore. WHY? Why do you cry about the interpreters yet negate scientific method? As stated before and strongly stand by, astrology is earlier scientific astrology just as alchemy was early science to chemistry.

SINcerely,
:devil:

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users