Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What caused the flash?

HominusKainus

Ok, so when I was 14, I was staying with my grandparents in Milton, PA. and one day, about two hours before sundown, My cousin, our friend and I were coming home from a day of skate-boarding. As we started up the hill by the elementary school to go back home, we all stoped turned to our left and saw a flash.

The next thing we all remember is being almost at the top of the hill walking is silence, which is odd on two counts.

First, as we were goofy teenage boys, we had the vocal restraint of a cat with its tail in a mouse trap. Second, it takes approx. 20 minutes (at a relaxed pace) to reach the top of this hill.

We continued our walk to my grandparent's house is silence, it was'nt untill we were in the basement that I asked if I was the only one who remembers the flash or if anyone remembers the walk to the top of the hill...I was'nt.

Our friend still can't speak about what hapened, we think that he remembers more than the flash. My cousin and I have no recollection of the events that transpired between the flash and the top of the hill, to tell the truth, I don't want to know.

As weird as that was, there is more. What you need to know about me is that not only have I had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember but I've had night-terrors as well, but by the age of 14 the latter had ceased for some reason or another. But (and I would think understandibly) they returned shortly after my return home(and before anyone says anything no this is not the home I grew up in. I had lived many places over the years, military family go figure.)

They were subtle at first odd things in my dreams like at tall figure always being in my periphery, distorted and not really all that frightning. But eventually it became worse, mainly because of one of the more extreme side effects of night terrors, sleep paralysis. It's uncomfortable enough on its own, but when you still see what you saw in your dream standing across your room when you wake(and I know I was awake because I would'nt go back to sleep.) and you just have to lay there unable to move untill it decides to leave.

This agian eventually ended once I turned 18 and did'nt bother me untill about a year and a half ago. I was dreaming about doing a job( I own my own moving business) and the customer was telling me that their house was haunted thats why they were leaving( It's not that uncommon IRL) then as we are about to leave the house to go to the new one the tall figure, this time very distinct, became visable in the front screen door. Thats when I had flashes of the flash on the hill and all the other times I had seen him, some in dreams some IRL and some I don't remember. I was then booted from my dream and right into the conscious world but with out the ability to move. It has be a fairly regular occurrence, happening anywhere between 6 and 7 times a month. All I want to know is: Has anyone else ever had this happen to them or someone they know/knew.

Edited by HominusKainus

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mysticwerewolf

• HominusKainus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had night terrors that remained after i woke up and didn't leave until someone other than me turned on the lights ( because i couldn't move. ) but they were not humanoid terrors ( sometimes reptiles, but usually 8 foot diameter spiders)

I've been kicked out of my dreams more than once ( usually just after a disembodied voice tells me it is going to happen.) and have been unable to move for several minutes each time this is usually accompanied by Violent headaches when i wake up. usually it seemed that when i am expelled i hit my head on the edge of the dream as i am yanked backwards and expelled.I have even had occational bruises appear after being kicked out. and i have missing time but no memory loss( ie no noticable breaks in the memory line )during that lost time

it happens, there are a lot of theories but I can't explain why

Edited by mysticwerewolf

The main reason I'm so worried is that I have a 3 year old daughter and I don't want this to effect her. My younger brother had odd experiances shortly after I returned as well. He was 2 years old and was very verbal about the things he saw(even though he had no knowledge of the occult or any of its subject matter.)

there isn't enough info about t he flash to even offer a theory about it, there are medical conditions that could do it there are said to be superbnatural conditions that can make you see something. without more info there is really nothing i could do but guess.

My only offered suggestion is you should remember your experiences if your daughter ever starts having problems.