Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blood Ivory: 25,000 Elephants Killed in 2011

Yamato

I am a firm believer on poachers being able to be shot on sight. Even for non-endangered species, since poaching will eventually lead to endangerment.

Unfortunately the online article leaves off all the graphs and pictures attached to the article in the printed magazine. Here's the video for the quick and dirty version of the story if anyone is mildly curious but didn't want to slog through reading the entire article.

[media=]

[/media]

I hate poachers. I have to put up with it here where I live but its deer not elephant. They want that animal so bad sometimes they don't care if they are firing in the direction of your house. My horse has been seriously hurt twice because of poacher. They didn't shoot her but because she was asleep in the field it scared her and my other horse so bad she poked something into her eye, blind on that side now, called the vet. Another time they caused her to cut a deep gash in her shoulder, called the vet.

If they don't get a handle on the elephant poaching there won't be any in the wild someday.

I hate poachers. I have to put up with it here where I live but its deer not elephant. They want that animal so bad sometimes they don't care if they are firing in the direction of your house. My horse has been seriously hurt twice because of poacher. They didn't shoot her but because she was asleep in the field it scared her and my other horse so bad she poked something into her eye, blind on that side now, called the vet. Another time they caused her to cut a deep gash in her shoulder, called the vet.

If they don't get a handle on the elephant poaching there won't be any in the wild someday.

Ditto whales, tigers, rhinos, polar bears, sharks, and every other animal that gets in the way of the 219,000 new mouths to feed this human world populates itself with daily.

Truly tragic. One of my favorite animals. The poachers are bad but the buyers are far worse.

Truly tragic. One of my favorite animals. The poachers are bad but the buyers are far worse.

Poachers deserve a bullet in the head. What do buyers deserve?