Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fox tried to eat hand of sleeping pensioner

fox pensioner hand

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,324 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostHabitat, on 04 October 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

Plenty of pensioners, hopefully I won't need to add to their numbers, but you never know. For some reason it has always puzzled me why news media refer to pensioners in this way, which is just how they pay the bills. They don't say a self-funded retiree was run over at the pedestrian crossing, ever ! But pensioners are apparently slower to dodge traffic ! :cry:
Ah! I see where the confusion lies: here in the UK everyone gets a basic State pension once they are a certain age ...... SO, after a certain age, everyone is a 'pensioner'!
They keep moving the qualifying age further and further back, in the hope that none of us will be able to run fast enough to catch it!

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users