Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giant Bat Found In Peru

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Cora Calliope

Cora Calliope

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 10 October 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

I think flying foxes are adorable.  I hate to see it dead but I understand a lot of cultures eat bats.  I hope they eat that one, I hope they didn't kill it just to fake a picture... And it is fake... It's all a matter of perspective.

Yes, I think that flying foxes are adorable, too. If, however, I saw one as big as in this bogus picture, I'd freak out.

#32    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostCora Calliope, on 13 October 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

Yes, I think that flying foxes are adorable, too. If, however, I saw one as big as in this bogus picture, I'd freak out.

Yes, it's still pretty big isn't it?  Lol

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#33    Gigmaster

Gigmaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Out of my mind.....Back in 10 minutes.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

It's a hoax. A Flying Fox enlarged and photo-shopped onto a picture of a an encampment. There is nothing holding the 'bat' to the crossbar (the duct tape is clearly holding the crossbar to the uprights). Also, note that no one is paying the slightest attention to the 'bat'.....because it is not really there.

#34    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 04 October 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

I'm inherently leery about photos of people standing behind supposedy "huge" animals, it's our old friend "forced perspective" at work.
Yep that's it!

For anyone who's not convinced: Check out the vertical bit of wood it's attached to on the right side, you can see in the far bottom right side of the photo that the wood is actually in the foreground ;)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users