Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Great Debate Picture

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

If a picture tells 1,000 words, this one is War & Peace  :w00t:

Posted Image

Edited by Merc14, 05 October 2012 - 01:28 AM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#2    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Legaia, 05 October 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,236 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Mitt's happy because he's the winner and the Obamas are angry because Mitt beat them.
Of course, given that Mitt basically spoke nonsense that sounds good for the entire debate the phrase "phyric victory" leaps to mind.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,986 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 05 October 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Mitt's happy because he's the winner and the Obamas are angry because Mitt beat them.
Of course, given that Mitt basically spoke nonsense that sounds good for the entire debate the phrase "phyric victory" leaps to mind.

Great point. I couldn't remember that term last night, but I new it was the name of a king. :tu:
Small point, it's Pyrrhic. Two r's and put the h near the end. Sorry, not trying to be a grammar nazi. :su

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 05 October 2012 - 02:36 AM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 05 October 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

It's Pyrrhic Victory and being a poor loser, like your hero Obama, speaks volumes about your character.   BTW, nonsense is the myth your side has built up around this dope the last 5 years.  You want to know why he got his ass handed to him last night?  Here is why:
1.  The SOB never has a press conference that isn't staged with only select questions handed out to select, sycophant reporters so that he isn't challenged.
2.  He never speaks unless he is on a teleprompter reading a speech prepared by someone else and the few times he did we got "You didn't build that." gaffes.
3.  The press has covered up for this man like nothing we have seen since FDR which has given him an ego so inflated and so undeserved that he is unable to handle being challenged.  Last night was the result.
4.   He doesn't know his job because he hasn't been doing it.  Proof:  he has played more golf than any president in history, he has done more fund raisers than any president in history, he has taken more vacations than any president in history and his daily schedule is laughably empty.
5.  For the first tme in his professional life he has a record to defend.  He voted not present most of the time in the both senates he served on so he is an unknown, until now.
6.  How the hell do you defend the results of the last four years?  You can't and blaming Bush doesn't cut it now.  Buck stops here man-child.

I could go on but the bottomline is he is SOFT and he doesn't like the job of president but loves the perks.  He is going to get slaughtered in the next debates because he can't defend his record.  He can't hide anymore, for the first time in his life he is being graded and he failed.  That is why he lost.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#6    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,288 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

:sleepy:

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#7    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,389 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

Obama looked like a burnt-out case to me, no fire in the belly, seemed like he wanted to go home to bed. Maybe this race isn't over yet.

#8    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Great picture Obama was beat..obama spoke out his butt all night.
And the left is makeing excuses for obama lol

Edited by coolguy, 05 October 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,672 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

It's Pyrrhic Victory and being a poor loser, like your hero Obama, speaks volumes about your character.   BTW, nonsense is the myth your side has built up around this dope the last 5 years.

A good example of how politics have become a b-astardized us vs. them, where the only option is to choose a popular side, or be ignored. Choosing a "side" apparently also speaks of your personal character in any points or observations you attempt to make involving political discussion.

I guess this is just sports to some.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

View Post_Only, on 05 October 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Yes it is nothing more then a game. One decided before the common folk even vote. It`s like the old school wwf the winner is always decided and does it matter.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#11    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,927 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

everything is wonderful,,, don't quite know why yer writing in the first place... loll

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#12    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,927 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

What bit is .. is the people you couln't stand in high school...... the brown nowsrs ... the suck ups... the clas presidents and student council folk follloweoing their career path and telling you whaqt to do with your life.

thjats all il say about tghat

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#13    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

View Post_Only, on 05 October 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

A good example of how politics have become a b-astardized us vs. them, where the only option is to choose a popular side, or be ignored. Choosing a "side" apparently also speaks of your personal character in any points or observations you attempt to make involving political discussion.

I voted for Bush and he turned out to be a liar.  Tricked me and it pissed me off.  It also hurt this country. He ran as a conservative and served as a moderate.  Romney may do the same but I don't think so, well, at least I don't hope so.  Obama's presidency has been an abject failure and has harmed this country like no other administration in history, literally.  He needs to be voted out along with his democrat senate.

I have no idea what the republicans will do after they win, I was certainly fooled in 2000 as they did nothing they ran on.  I do know the democrats, with similar power, have done massive damage, against the will of the people, during the last 4 years.

This isn't sport, it is our lives and my kid's life.  If Romney pulls a Bush and panders to the left we are done.  ALl we can do is hope the guy is legit and vote for him.  This is our last chance, IMHO.

#14    _Only

_Only

• 6,672 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

I voted for Bush and he turned out to be a liar.  Tricked me and it pissed me off.  It also hurt this country.

Now wait just a goddamn minute. You're going to tell me a politician turned out to be a liar?

Malarkey.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#15    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Liberal media says Romney won. Since it is the Liberal media and the cannot report accurate facts, I can only assume Obama won...right Repubs?

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users