Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Great Debate Picture

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,305 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

how does sayinf "Obama lost, but Mitt's victory is a pyrrhic one" make me a worshipper of Obama?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#17    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

All I heard were lies, so not really a victory for either.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#18    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,878 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 05 October 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

Liberal media says Romney won. Since it is the Liberal media and the cannot report accurate facts, I can only assume Obama won...right Repubs?

Yeah, you go with that.  Obama killed it.  I also heard that he was play acting to set a trap for Romney to beat him in the later debates, the ones that really matter.  Oh yeah, I also heard that that this debate doesn't really matter and the 67 million who watched it won't remember a thing.  Lehrer's fault and Romney was too mean are a couple others.  All is well, go back to sleep.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#19    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

I think my favorite excuse was from Al Gore: Im going to say something controversial here. Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today, just a few hours before the debate started. Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust. I don't know... Maybe."

Posted Image

~MEH~

#20    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,878 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 05 October 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

how does sayinf "Obama lost, but Mitt's victory is a pyrrhic one" make me a worshipper of Obama?

Because you are pandering. First of all, a Pyrrhic victory is one where the cost was so high that winning another battle will wipe you out, so how does that apply to Romney?  Did this debate somehow cost him so much taht if he wins the next one he loses the election?  :unsure2: Only an Obamamaniac would see debate as a bad thing for Romney.

Honestly, it is jusu one debate, that is all.  If Romney had performed as Obama did he would be finished but a sitting President can survive this.  That said, winning a debate is in no way a bad thing or a Pyrrihic victory, Romney did very well, it helped him and hurt Obama but there is a lot of time left and anything can happen.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#21    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostHasina, on 05 October 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

I think my favorite excuse was from Al Gore: "I'm going to say something controversial here. Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today, just a few hours before the debate started. Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust. I don't know... Maybe."

Posted Image

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#22    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Yeah, you go with that.  Obama killed it.  I also heard that he was play acting to set a trap for Romney to beat him in the later debates, the ones that really matter.  Oh yeah, I also heard that that this debate doesn't really matter and the 67 million who watched it won't remember a thing.  Lehrer's fault and Romney was too mean are a couple others.  All is well, go back to sleep.

Someone doesn't understand a joke...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#23    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,878 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Honestly, if my guy got beaten like Obama did on Wednesday I'd admit it, take my whoopin' and move on letting it die and work on beating the opponent in the next debate.  Instead, the enraged left keeps fanning the flames of the wreckage and getting sillier as the days go by.  Apparently the kooks over at the Daily Kos have decided Romney won because he had a cheat sheet flled with zingers.  The cheat sheet is actually a handkerchief that Romney used throughout the debate but that doesn't stop the nuts from doing everything they can to prove their guy sisn't as dopie as he appeared.  Too funny. :w00t:

I am sick of talking about the debate.  It is over and done with and there are two more to screw up in the next month so time move on but I can't let this stuff pass.

http://www.dailykos....-for-the-debate

http://www.buzzfeed....rchief-campaign

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,396 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Does anyone honestly think that Biden is going to come out looking good? The guy is a joke. I don't know a heck of a lot about Ryan yet but I'm sure Romney picked him for good reason. The day after the debate Biden proudly announced a trillion dollar tax hike. That's one of a hundred stupid remarks in recent months. He's energetic but comes off as complete fool.

Posted Image

#25    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Biden hasn't been around for all these years because he's a goofball.  The guy is a career poltiician and knows how to work it.

On the debate itself.  This was certainly Mitt's best showing.  I have to be honest, it gives me much to think about.

But, winning a debate does not equate winning the election.

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,878 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postsupervike, on 05 October 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Biden hasn't been around for all these years because he's a goofball.  The guy is a career poltiician and knows how to work it.

On the debate itself.  This was certainly Mitt's best showing.  I have to be honest, it gives me much to think about.

But, winning a debate does not equate winning the election.

Couldn't agree more, especially regarding Biden. This will not be the butt whoopin' everyone is imagining.

#27    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Biden hasn't been around for all these years because he's a goofball.

So the fact that you don't know what the VP does makes him a goofball?!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#28    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Because you are pandering. First of all, a Pyrrhic victory is one where the cost was so high that winning another battle will wipe you out, so how does that apply to Romney?  Did this debate somehow cost him so much taht if he wins the next one he loses the election?

See Romney out and out lied on nearly everything he said. And nearly all of it goes against what he told Republicans he stood for. You should be scratching your head as to who he really is.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#29    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,878 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Postninjadude, on 05 October 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

See Romney out and out lied on nearly everything he said. And nearly all of it goes against what he told Republicans he stood for. You should be scratching your head as to who he really is.

Yeah I heard that meme.  Apparently Romney lied so much the the Super High IQ Obama's (of course no one knows Obama's IQ, or his college GPA but the left is convinced he has a Super High IQ  :w00t: ) brain got locked up trying to refute them all.   LMAO.  You guys should let  it go and just move on.  Your guy screwed the pooch, big time, and trying to excuse iyt just makes it worse but hey, who am I to tell all you brilliant leftists what to do. :tsu:

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,396 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yea you're probably right but the guy has a way of saying some ridiculous things. Recently he said about some young cheerleaders and the amazing things they do on that hard wood. He assures us the president has a big stick. Romneys gonna put y'all back in chains. He's got a trillion dollar tax hike coming.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users