Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Blasts from the past.

old tv programs.

  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#46    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Network television has sold its soul to tawdry reality TV and talent shows.

I watch really no network television anymore.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#47    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 09 October 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Network television has sold its soul to tawdry reality TV and talent shows.

I watch really no network television anymore.

I cannot agree with you more.
Television used to be exciting, entertaining, the shows were origional and thought provoking..

Now, it's all about making the most money for the least cost, and everything else including uniqueness and inspiration has gone out the door.


#48    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Guest from the Future, Soviet sci-fi series from 1984, still much loved. This is a compilation video with the song "Wonderful Future" from the final episode



Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 09 October 2012 - 07:02 PM.


#49    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Russian! ^^^ Awsome, spasiba!! spasiba!!

Here's another good one I remember..

Mysterious cities of Gold.



#50    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 09 October 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

Russian! ^^^ Awsome, spasiba!! spasiba!!

Here's another good one I remember..

Mysterious cities of Gold.

спасебо! :)   What I like about these old shows is the positive titles, like this one you posted, or The Tomorrow People etc. New shows seem vacuous and nihilistic even by comparison. Perhaps back in the days when we faced nuclear war, we had put on a happy smiley face and at least pretend there would be a "Wonderful Future"....


#51    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 09 October 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

спасебо! :)   What I like about these old shows is the positive titles, like this one you posted, or The Tomorrow People etc. New shows seem vacuous and nihilistic even by comparison. Perhaps back in the days when we faced nuclear war, we had put on a happy smiley face and at least pretend there would be a "Wonderful Future"....

So true!! so true....
There was so much more questioning about the world back then. It was up-beat, it was more positive, it was feel good.. Not only can you see it in the old TV shows, but you can also hear it in the music of decades past.. People looked forward into the future and saw good things.. But they also relished on the moment they were in..  Today... Ha! there's a whole lot of people out there that can see beyond 21st of december.. lol..


#52    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oooooooo, wasn't that mr drysdale a money hungry old coot.

The Beverly Hilbillies.



#53    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

This is not a TV show, but it's so iconic, so fantastical, so loved almost to the condition of religious adoration :wub:  that I cannot resist showing BU - RA - TI - NO
Long two part film from 1975, The Adventures of Buratino is a Russian version of Pinnochio written by Alexey Tolstoy. It is set in a "Southern European town" and has some of the same characters, though the story is very different. This clip is the end song of the film. It is edited to show the young actors in the audience, without make up, singing along to themselves on screen. It is impossible to overstate how loved this film is, even after all these years. The director died two years ago, and even people not born when the film was made were saddened by this news.



And here the arrival of Barabas Karabas and his puppet theatre



Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 09 October 2012 - 10:50 PM.


#54    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,225 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Night Gallery! That show always scared the hell out of me... and I loved it!

One night, I watched an episode at a friend's house- one about a shadow of the person appearing on the wall once they died- and afterwards, ran all the way home...on gravel...barefoot. Hehehehe

That Family Theater program I mentioned...I can't find any info about it now, but I distinctly remember the intro. It was a pitch dark background and there was a table where there was a skull and a candelabra with candles burning down, and the announcer said "Welcome to Family Theater" in an ultra creepy, Vincent Price-like voice. Actually, that could have been Price's voice...I don't know.


#55    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,793 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Going back, back...
Soupy Sales show
Tom Terriffic with Mighty Manfred the wonder dog
The Jack Benny Program
George Burns Gracie Allen show
Our Miss Brooks
Super Circus
Leave It To Beaver
and, The Great One...


The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#56    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 09 October 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

This is not a TV show, but it's so iconic, so fantastical, so loved almost to the condition of religious adoration :wub:  that I cannot resist showing BU - RA - TI - NO
Long two part film from 1975, The Adventures of Buratino is a Russian version of Pinnochio written by Alexey Tolstoy. It is set in a "Southern European town" and has some of the same characters, though the story is very different. This clip is the end song of the film. It is edited to show the young actors in the audience, without make up, singing along to themselves on screen. It is impossible to overstate how loved this film is, even after all these years. The director died two years ago, and even people not born when the film was made were saddened by this news.
My favorite director, of all time, Andrei Tarkovsky..
And the only fillm he did in English is the only one I dont have, lol..
I don't speak russian or italian, but his films were 100% origional masterpieces..


#57    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

View Postregi, on 09 October 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Night Gallery! That show always scared the hell out of me... and I loved it!

One night, I watched an episode at a friend's house- one about a shadow of the person appearing on the wall once they died- and afterwards, ran all the way home...on gravel...barefoot. Hehehehe

That Family Theater program I mentioned...I can't find any info about it now, but I distinctly remember the intro. It was a pitch dark background and there was a table where there was a skull and a candelabra with candles burning down, and the announcer said "Welcome to Family Theater" in an ultra creepy, Vincent Price-like voice. Actually, that could have been Price's voice...I don't know.

I think this might be the one..

Night Gallery



#58    ioppolo

ioppolo

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Perth, Australia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Back when I was a little kid was when the cartoons were the best!

Recess
Kim Possible
Lilo & Stitch
Lloyd in Space

Just to name a couple.

There was also a series that BBC did about Dinosaurs...How they came to be and their extinction. It was called Walk of the Dinosaurs or something.


#59    Roddy

Roddy

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined:02 Feb 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • The Truth is out there.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

The Banana Splits Show




#60    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Tee he.. This was a spooky one..
again, another I've got on DVD.. lol.

Chocky..






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users