Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stephen Fry: "only humans are homophobic"

stephen fry homophobic gay out4marriage

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#106    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'd still like to know why it's wrong for me to romantically care about someone who's the same gender as myself.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#107    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

you are free to PM me about it.

Whooohooo an invite...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#108    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

It's no joke.

I LOVE you. :wub:

Who wouldn't? ;)

#109    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

I am not judging others any differently than I judge myself.

Ahh I see, you are a generous sort.. you will share the judging equally   lol

#110    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Whooohooo an invite...

If you're interested send me a PM about it. I gotta be going now, but I'd answer when I can. I am far from being against gay people or anything of that nature.

It's not as black and white an issue for me as some of my posts may have seemingly indicated.

#111    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

If you're interested send me a PM about it.

Yes lets do this in private  ....away from that tart  imaginarynumber1...He thinks science is the best source of knowledge..you and I both know that it was invented by the devil.. he is SO in the dark   lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 October 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#112    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,862 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Yes lets do this in private  ....away from that tart  imaginarynumber1...He thinks science is the best source of knowledge..you and I both know that it was invented by the devil.. he is SO in the dark   lol

Curse you! Me an my Science Alot will be here in the dark... waiting.... we will get you all in the end!!!!

Posted Image

Alot is better than you at everything

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#113    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Curse you! Me an my Science Alot will be here in the dark... waiting.... we will get you all in the end!!!!

Posted Image

Alot is better than you at everything

I was hoping you would be more of a Sir Lancelot ..with the armour and sword.......Me and my darn fantasy's...I never quite got he hang of them  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 October 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#114    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,862 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

I was hoping you would be more of a Sir Lancelot ..With the armour and sword.......me and my darn fantasy's...I never quite got he hang of them  lol

I just hide in dark corners and poke at things that pass by.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#115    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I just hide in dark corners and poke at things that pass by.

With what?

#116    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,862 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

With what?

;)

#117    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 05 October 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Stephen Fry has denounced critics of same sex marriages claiming there are 260 animal species that have gay tendencies but only humans are homophobic.

The author, actor and presenter also accused the Church of England of caving in to “screeching” extremists who he claims have spread lies about gay marriage.

Fry, who is gay, spoke out in a new video, for the Out4Marriage campaign, which has persuaded a string of celebrities and politicians to back its calls for reform.

During a three minute monologue, he says gay people “used to be regarded as villains because we were so bohemian and outrageous and we eschewed family values, but we’re not.

"We’re human beings like everybody else and we believe first and foremost in love.

http://www.telegraph...homophobic.html
surely animals arnt complex enough to understand the concept of homosexuality and the animals arnt homosexual but horny and stupid. my dog trys to hump his brother but only out of frustration. my dog also loves to try hump other female dogs and when in a situation where both are on offer he chooses the female dog.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#118    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

;)

:lol:

#119    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,956 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

If you're interested send me a PM about it. I gotta be going now, but I'd answer when I can. I am far from being against gay people or anything of that nature.

It's not as black and white an issue for me as some of my posts may have seemingly indicated.

Then you have two problems there with how you're portrayed and you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself. Firstly you don't give a straght answer as to what your sexuality is. In fact you keep purposely vague. I've seen you make at least two posts where you say something allong the lines of 'you don't me or my sexuality or the people I'm friends with'. You're right, we don't. You know why? You purposely don't share the information. You coud very easily have stated it in those posts but you didn't. You kept things vague to the point that it doesn't help you.

Second is the last part of that quote, that it's not as black and white as your posts indicate. Again, this comes down to how you state information. If it's 'not as black and white' to you, why post in a way that makes out the opposite?

If you want to give out the right impression of what you really think, the key is to use what you really think in what you say, not be purposely vague or act the opposite opinion is your own. Why are you so surprised that the reaction to you has been like it has whne you've acted that way?

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#120    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

That is debatable.

As humans we have minds capable of determining right from wrong in ways no other species can.

You can state sex in general is biological, but as humans we know that that alone does not make it acceptable for us to cheat on our significant others.

Getting rid of bodily waste by urinating or bowel movements is biological, yet it does not mean it is proper for us as humans to do these things anywhere we please in the same manner animals do.

Many animals have sexual altercations with their family members, yet again, this is not right for us as humans to do the same.

There are many examples of this.

You should have been clearer with your remark. Whether you were referring directly to me or not, you certainly seemed to lump me in with the group you were commenting on.

That won't get you far. You should let go of your hate.

Again, it is wishful thinking and egocentrism that leads people to believe we are somehow special in the animal kingdom just because we have been ultra successful in our niche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users