Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

7.8%

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#46    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,905 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostQuake Storm Maverick 66er, on 08 October 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Factors like the price of gas also effects the chances of reelection for Obama

What would you like Obama to do about it? Put on his cape and invade some ME country and tell them we're taking their oil? Doesn't that go against your Republican values of a free market? against your values of less regulation and government? Figure it out yourself - according to what you believe.

Edited by ninjadude, 08 October 2012 - 12:07 AM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#47    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Really? Because the unemployment numbers went down right now, right before the election, people think that Obama's people fudged the numbers? That's pretty silly in my book, as Ninjadude said 'the bureau that records the unemployment statistics is non partisan by law'. Would be way too dangerous for them to even attempt to try that. I think the accusation is unfounded and really a low blow.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#48    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 October 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

But it never has been any different, ever since unemployment insurance started that is how they were counted. How many people are really without a job and how many need food stamps despite having a job was never of any relevance.
I'm agreeing with Questionmark. This is calculated the same way everytime, so that it can be used as a reference. I also agree with Q that it could very well be due to a upsurge in part time employee hiring. Though I find it hard to believe in a conspiricy by the large corporations that would be required in order to affect the numbers. I thought those corporations were supposed to be backing Romney and his corporate tax cuts?

View PostIs it for real, on 06 October 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

Wow. That says a lot for the administration. You should tell Biden to use that one.

That does sound like a Biden-ism, or is it Biden-esque?

View PostVein Capital, on 06 October 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

It's not a conspiracy, he basically does it every month. They come out with numbers that make Obama look good, then go back later and revise them with the crappy numbers when nobody is paying attention anymore.

I agree. I've heard several experts say that if the rate is revised, it could go up or down.

This could be good news for Obama, if it does not swing back the other way before November. And you can be sure that someone will put out some kind of numbers just before the election.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#49    charmcph

charmcph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• Don't judge a book by it's cover....same goes for people!

Time is wasted while young...Time is important while old!

Thoughts are contagious

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

I watch the news, but don't believe much of it anymore... since it's mostly there to help calm or scare the population in one directions or another.... jobs up? maybe.. since people work two jobs now to stay a float. But I still notice a lot of people loseing their homes, jobless, and more people standing in the free food lines. Neighbors saying it's getting worse for them. People in debt, with credit cards ..just to live on, out of hardship. People having to up root to get to the " help wanted" area's. Also a lot more bartering going on. Jobs under the table... just so not to get screwed by taxes.  Listen to the people...and judge for yourself...is it getting better? People let leisure item's go..like cable, eating out less, not taking vacations, going bankruptcy ... putting their pride behind them so the family eats, roof over their heads.
Doesn't matter which political party wins .... we are still headed the same direction... each year. Forced to vote for the lesser of the evils?
All IMO!

~Char~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users