Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why this scientist believes in GOD

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,287 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Interesting point of view, but it changes nothing about my own. I can see why he came up wanting about his own views before he believed and how that convinced him to change. As a lot of people say, scientists can be religious as well as atheists. It's why it bothers me when the religious say 'only atheists think evolution is real'.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Evolution is not real until proven real.It is noticed that atheists often are arrogant people who know so little yet dismiss many things and the relegious are often under confident people who wan't security.

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,512 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 October 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

Evolution is not real until proven real.It is noticed that atheists often are arrogant people who know so little yet dismiss many things and the relegious are often under confident people who wan't security.

:sleepy:  Evolution has been proven thousands of times. Regardless of your blatant disregard of such evidence.

Until you study some real science, I have nothing else to say to you.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,082 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Because he is a human with personal beliefs.

#6    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,012 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

this post is of that of ummm stupid.  Right out of the book of bull crap lol did you go to school or

Edited by The Silver Thong, 06 October 2012 - 08:09 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#7    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,143 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I hate religions but I still believe that there has to be some God. I just don't believe that he is neither good nor nice.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 06 October 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

:sleepy:  Evolution has been proven thousands of times. Regardless of your blatant disregard of such evidence.

Until you study some real science, I have nothing else to say to you.

Most people in life arent going to go to university and gain a degree in physics or engineering. The majority of people dont study science past high-school yet they assume what they were taught is correct. Thats why a lot of people think science can explain how the universe works without the need for a God.

People are not robots, our brains are not computers, you dont live in a clockwork universe and at its most fundamental level the universe is undeterministic. Everything in Quantum Mechanics indicates a 100% subjective reality not an objective one. In English the only thing that actually exists is your mind.

On the New Scientist website you can click on the stories such as 'Reality: Is matter real?' or 'Reality: The future' or some of the others on the page I'm linking you to - http://www.newscient...on/physics-math

They take you to a screen where you create a free membership giving you trial access for a few days. They explain to you why Quantum Physicists believe that only the mind exists. The guy in the video who says he studied quantum mechanics is either lying or wasnt able to see past the maths.

Needless to say as atoms arent objectively real all science based on them is bull including evolution.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 06 October 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,082 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

They take you to a screen where you create a free membership giving you trial access for a few days. They explain to you why Quantum Physicists believe that only the mind exists. The guy in the video who says he studied quantum mechanics is either lying or wasnt able to see past the maths.
Except they don't. *Some* Quantum Physicists believe the mind only exists, clearly you aren't familiar with the MWI. Is Stephen Hawking and Michio Kaku liars?

Needless to say as atoms arent objectively real all science based on them is bull including evolution.
/facepalm
Any luck walking through a brick wall?

Edited by Rlyeh, 06 October 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#10    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 06 October 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Except they don't. *Some* Quantum Physicists believe the mind only exists, clearly you aren't familiar with the MWI. Is Stephen Hawking and Michio Kaku liars?

/facepalm
Any luck walking through a brick wall?

I know you dont understand Quantum Mechanics and refuse to let anyone tell you anything that goes against how you see the world. I shall try one final time with you. Please start by actually reading the topics I linked people to and really listening to what they say.

Now in Quantum Mechanics we have several possible explanations for how reality works - Extra dimensions, parallel universes, a matrix reality, a holographic universe and some more. The reason why there are several explanations is because they all amount to the same thing. When you peer into them and look at their mechanics they all mean the same thing.

There I cant put it much simplier than that but no you wont want to listen yet again despite my letters after my name.

#11    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,082 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I know you dont understand Quantum Mechanics and refuse to let anyone tell you anything that goes against how you see the world. I shall try one final time with you. Please start by actually reading the topics I linked people to and really listening to what they say.
Please read what I wrote and not what you pretended I wrote. If you aren't going to bother addressing what I wrote, save your time and don't respond.

Now in Quantum Mechanics we have several possible explanations for how reality works - Extra dimensions, parallel universes, a matrix reality, a holographic universe and some more. The reason why there are several explanations is because they all amount to the same thing. When you peer into them and look at their mechanics they all mean the same thing.
Thats where we agree but your conclusions of QM saying only the mind exists is false as I already have shown. MWI, superstring theory, etc, rejects it.

Edited by Rlyeh, 06 October 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#12    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,287 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostHasina, on 05 October 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Interesting point of view, but it changes nothing about my own. I can see why he came up wanting about his own views before he believed and how that convinced him to change. As a lot of people say, scientists can be religious as well as atheists. It's why it bothers me when the religious say 'only atheists think evolution is real'.

I agree, I am a Christian and have always believed that evolution in some form happened.  Even in Darwin's time many more christian accepted this that was believed.

peace
mark

The theory is sound, how it happened may change as more information comes in, but it is a reality.

peace
mark

#13    markdohle

markdohle

Government Agent

• 4,287 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 06 October 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

I hate religions but I still believe that there has to be some God. I just don't believe that he is neither good nor nice.

I hope live gets better for you, you deserve a good live, a happy one.

peace
Mark

#14    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 06 October 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Please read what I wrote and not what you pretended I wrote. If you aren't going to bother addressing what I wrote, save your time and don't respond.

Thats where we agree but your conclusions of QM saying only the mind exists is false as I already have shown. MWI, superstring theory, etc, rejects it.

I read what you wrote and in return you got told that all interpretations of QM amount to the same thing. Whats the problem?

You have been on these forums long enough to know that without measurement only the non-dual state called a wavefunction exists. If you want to insist something is objectively real then you either dont understand QM or, and I know this one is the case from many of our discussions, you choose not to believe in anything against your worldview.

What is also bizarre is your belief that blinding yourself to truth makes your worldview real. Whats even more bizarre is that you seem to think people out there have your problems. We dont and anyone interested in truth just needs to go to the bookshop and pick up a decent book on Quantum Mechanics or Philosophy to discover materialism is deeply flawed.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 06 October 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,082 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 06 October 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

I read what you wrote and in return you got told that all interpretations of QM amount to the same thing. Whats the problem?
No problem, you just got refuted that's all. I gave QM theories that reject your conclusion, now what is the problem?

You have been on these forums long enough to know that without measurement only the non-dual state called a wavefunction exists. If you want to insist something is objectively real then you either dont understand QM or, and I know this one is the case from many of our discussions, you choose not to believe in anything against your worldview.
This proves you don't understand all the interpretations then. For instance in the MWI, even natural phenomena causes the "worlds" to split, the mind/observer actually plays no special role.

What is also bizarre is your belief that blinding yourself to truth makes your worldview real. Whats even more bizarre is that you seem to think people out there have your problems. We dont and anyone interested in truth just needs to go to the bookshop and pick up a decent book on Quantum Mechanics or Philosophy to discover materialism is deeply flawed.
Haven't you been corrected on your narrow world view enough?
Please don't give me a youtube video, try a scientific paper.. oh wait you don't have any that support your quantum quackery..

Edited by Rlyeh, 06 October 2012 - 01:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users