Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gobekli Tepe was a place for rebirth ?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Is it so that the sculptures are pregnant goddesses with their hands on the belly as a sign of their pregnancy ?

Is it so that the remains of the dead, where brought to Göbekli Tepe ("Potbelly Hill") to be reborn by the great Anatolian goddesses ?

Did they believe their dead could be reborn by their pregnant women ?

Posted Image

Edited by Ove, 06 October 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#2    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Like I said:

http://www.unexplain...c=234064&st=165

Edited by Abramelin, 06 October 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#3    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 October 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

This is not a "totem pole" it's a stylised sculpture of a pregnant women, the megalithic sculptures in question have nothing on their heads ?

Posted Image

Edited by Ove, 06 October 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#4    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Do the foxes on the side of the pregnant goddesses show that this is the Anatolian Earth Goddess Cybele ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybele

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ove, 06 October 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#5    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

speaking of foxes...

http://www.globalani...t-friend/29392/

Foxes: Prehistoric Man's Best Friend?

February 15, 2011 Elizabeth Neville:

Before dog was man's best friend, we might have kept foxes as pets, even bringing them with us into our graves, scientists now say.

This discovery, made in a prehistoric cemetery in the Middle East, could shed light on the nature and timing of newly developing relationships between people and beasts before animals were first domesticated. It also hints that key aspects of ancient practices surrounding death might have originated earlier than before thought.

The ancient graveyard known as 'Uyun al-Hammam, or "spring of the pigeon," was discovered in the small river valley of Wadi Ziqlab in northern Jordan in 2000 and named after a nearby freshwater spring. The burial ground is about 16,500 years old, meaning it dates back to just before the emergence of the Natufian culture, in which pioneers used wild cereals (such as wheat, barley and oats) in a practice that would eventually evolve into true farming. These communities dwelled 11,600 to 14,500 years ago in the Levant, the area that today includes Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria.

The Natufian culture was known to bury people with dogs. *snip* However, the new discovery at 'Uyun al-Hammam shows that some of these practices took place earlier with a different doglike animal, the fox.

more in link....

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#6    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Postlightly, on 06 October 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

To me the Gobekli Tepe animals bare their teeth as a typical dog warning sign. The snakes, the spiders, the scorpions all send the same message "keep off" "stay away" "don't touch" just like modern warning signs do. It was not allowed to touch the pregnant goddesses of Gobekli Tepe ! They didn't have writing so the used warning signs like these.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ove, 07 October 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#7    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Additional info

In real life all kinds of animals are interested in pregnant women and act protective. So if these statues are pregnant women (fertility statues), the animals are there to protect them.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Ove, 04 July 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#8    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

...well, you seem to "know" exactly what was in the minds of the creators of the site and what they were and what they were depicting -- no small feat, considering no professional historian or archeaologists cop to it. Why are you asking us questions and getting shirty when you get a reply you don't like? Are we just supposed to sit back and tell you how brilliant you are, to confirm your genius for you?

And by the way, Cybele was popularly associated with lions, not foxes.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#9    Kenemet

Kenemet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

I think it's kind of presumptuous to interpret something without first learning about the culture and (in fact) looking at all the data there.  In other words, was this a single item or a centrally placed item or is it fully uncovered and has the site been fully examined and what other artifacts are there....?

...and so forth.

For instance, I would be rather amused (or irritated) at someone deciding they knew all about me (age, marital status, where I live, education level, what I like to eat, what kind of computer I run simply by looking at my user icon and my user name.  Most folks seem eager to speculate on ancient civilizations simply by looking at one of the civilization's icons and then declaring they know all about it.

#10    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Poltergeist

• 2,206 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Looks like a rendezvous or gathering place of tribes or clans of the same people. Each dedicated to a patron deity and marked with the clan totem or spirit guide. The domain of tribal shaman.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#11    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Poltergeist

• 2,206 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostOve, on 06 October 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Is it so that the sculptures are pregnant goddesses with their hands on the belly as a sign of their pregnancy ?

Is it so that the remains of the dead, where brought to Göbekli Tepe ("Potbelly Hill") to be reborn by the great Anatolian goddesses ?

Did they believe their dead could be reborn by their pregnant women ?

Posted Image
Pregnant woman? That's one interpretation.Posted Image

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8),

#12    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,586 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

Of the many discoveries made at the site, perhaps the most intriguing is that the builders likely did not live in settlements, but rather were hunters and gatherers. This is remarkable because, heretofore, most experts espoused the Neolithic Revolution; this theory held that in order to build monumental structures, a society needed to have the organization and resources that only comes about through agriculture and settlement. The evidence found at Gobekli Tepe, however, appears to be strong enough to overcome what had, until quite recently, been conventional archaeological wisdom.
First, unlike its arid landscape today, 11,000 years ago, the Sanliurfa region was a “paradise” that teemed with game, fruit, nut trees and wild grains, all readily available to collect without the need for farming. Second, archaeologists, who have been digging at the site for nearly 20 years, have yet to find any evidence of the hearths, cooking, houses and garbage dumps found in the typical Neolithic settlement. Third, rather, they found 100,000 bits of the bones of wild game animals like boar, gazelle, sheep and deer, as well as a variety of bird species; as one expert said: “It was pretty clear we were dealing with a hunter-gatherer site.”
Building on this evidence, the new theory turns the Neolithic revolution on its head: rather than monument building as a consequence of agriculture and settlement, it became the impetus for it. Proponents theorize that the enormous number of people required to build the complex, and who chose to remain near after it was completed, required more food than could reliably be collected with hunting and gathering. As one expert opined, “I think they began cultivating wild grasses on the hills” in order to feed the masses. Recent findings from other disciplines seem to back this theory up.
In the same way anthropologists have used DNA and other evidence to trace our common heritage to a lady who lived in Africa approximately 140,000 years ago, geneticists have traced the migration of plants as well. In particular, the earliest strains of domesticated wheat have been traced back to an ancient village that was only 20 miles from Potbelly Hill. In addition, the first pigs were domesticated in a village only 60 miles away, and the region also saw the first domestic sheep, goats and cattle. Other research has revealed that the practice of agriculture began in the region about 10,500 years ago, only a few centuries after construction at Gobekli Tepe began.

LINK: http://www.todayifou...f-gobekli-tepe/

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#13    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Then again, maybe it was the world's first shopping mall.

#14    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostJohn Wesley Boyd, on 04 July 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Pregnant woman? That's one interpretation.Posted Image
There are other similarities with the Easter Island statues, long fingers and no legs !

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ove, 05 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#15    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,023 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

I fell in love with Göbekli Tepe the first pics I ever saw of it. Fascinating dig site, one that will take many many decades to completely unearth. The stone carvings are just unbelievable for that age.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users