Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Prayer, a way of life

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Prayer, a way of life

Prayer if kept up becomes a way of seeing reality in a different way.  To experience the love of God in all circumstances and events in ones life.  It also connect us with all, for when we pray we never do it in isolation, for it is an answer to grace when people pray.  Granted some prayers can be childish, yet that is OK, we all mature, grow, and as we do that our understanding of God and how God works in our world changes and deepens, we never get to the end of it.  No contracts with God, none of us are protected, Christ Jesus shows us that by the way he died, his pain and his feeling of rejection by God.  Yet he died forgiving all and he rose, prayer leads to deeper life and love.

God is personal and loving, people seem to resent that or fight it, yet it answers the deepest yearning of human hearts, or most of them.  In prayer we drink from the living water, in saying the Our Father there is no me or I, but only we; a prayer for all, no one is left out.  It is easy to make shallow and snide remarks about prayer if not experienced, but again, it takes years of slow growth to mature in this prayerful way of life and those who have not walked this path will not understand, nor do I expect them to.  They have their own path, and I pray for them, for again, no one is left out when one prays with the heart.

In him we live and move and have our being.

#2    wanderer_

wanderer_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're basically saying is that the journey is realizing that prayer isn't so limited to the "prayer" we think of, where we do it out of seeming necessity or habit, but when we do it out of genuine desire for communication with God--and because God is everyone, everything, and everywhere--genuine attempt for a more real form of communication with all of humanity. Like we are making the attempt to find God in all places by acknowledging that God exists in all places. Prayer is the truest form of communication, and it is the embodiment of God's--and Jesus's--love for all. Prayers are just thoughts directed toward God, which says a lot about thought in general, and how much we waste our thoughts on Earthly things that really don't matter in the end.

#3    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Postwanderer_, on 07 October 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Well said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're basically saying is that the journey is realizing that prayer isn't so limited to the "prayer" we think of, where we do it out of seeming necessity or habit, but when we do it out of genuine desire for communication with God--and because God is everyone, everything, and everywhere--genuine attempt for a more real form of communication with all of humanity. Like we are making the attempt to find God in all places by acknowledging that God exists in all places. Prayer is the truest form of communication, and it is the embodiment of God's--and Jesus's--love for all. Prayers are just thoughts directed toward God, which says a lot about thought in general, and how much we waste our thoughts on Earthly things that really don't matter in the end.

You said  lot, but yes I agree.

peace
Mark

#4    rachelkleypassparrow

rachelkleypassparrow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

• 'Be yourself; because nobody else can be you and love yourself and others in the process.'

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Prayer is the way that we reach oup to Him and opens a doorway for him to touch our spirit increasing our faith.

'WE HAVE JUST ENOUGH RELIGION TO MAKE US HATE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER' Siddur Lev Chadash prayerbook
OUR PARANORMAL WORLD
website email
email if you have anything you would like to submit to the website
upon approval from admin
Posted Image

#5    rachelkleypassparrow

rachelkleypassparrow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

• 'Be yourself; because nobody else can be you and love yourself and others in the process.'

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

When we reach out to Him in prayer our faith is increased and we are close to Him and what He requires of us like Christ did.

'WE HAVE JUST ENOUGH RELIGION TO MAKE US HATE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER' Siddur Lev Chadash prayerbook
OUR PARANORMAL WORLD
website email
upon approval from admin
Posted Image

#6    rachelkleypassparrow

rachelkleypassparrow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Prayer allows to know His will for us like Christ did when before He was arrested.

OUR PARANORMAL WORLD
website email
upon approval from admin
Posted Image

#7    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

View Postrachelkleypassparrow, on 11 October 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

Prayer is the way that we reach oup to Him and opens a doorway for him to touch our spirit increasing our faith.

Nice thoughts thanks.

peace
Mark

#8    calvaryoakville

calvaryoakville

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Prayer is like the air you inhale everyday. Without it, you surely cannot live. It's vital to us Christians. We read the Bible and then we pray.  When we are happy we praise God and pray.. when we are disappointed, we ask God's leading by praying.  In everything we do we pray...because we want God to guide us and lead us to the place He wanted us to go.  And do the things that is only according to His will. Pray without ceasing!!!!

#9    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

View Postcalvaryoakville, on 12 October 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Prayer is like the air you inhale everyday. Without it, you surely cannot live. It's vital to us Christians. We read the Bible and then we pray.  When we are happy we praise God and pray.. when we are disappointed, we ask God's leading by praying.  In everything we do we pray...because we want God to guide us and lead us to the place He wanted us to go.  And do the things that is only according to His will. Pray without ceasing!!!!

Amen!

#10    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

IMHO, prayer is one of the ways in which we access the sacred within us and realize our connection with all that is.

#11    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

I personally don't pray see no point. If it makes you feel better I have issues with people praying

#12    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 06 October 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

No contracts with God, none of us are protected, Christ Jesus shows us that by the way he died, his pain and his feeling of rejection by God.  Yet he died forgiving all and he rose, prayer leads to deeper life and love.
If Jesus had survived his crucifiction, would he have re-evaluated the nature of his god, would he have continued connecting or conversing with it, and would he have kept his unconditional love for the people around him (who apparently betrayed him)? Just something to think about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users