Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How "Ancient Aliens" have lied to you

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,503 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Chris White and Michael Heiser took a few moments to squash Giorgio & Co.  Actually, a pretty good thuumping of the Greek Melon (head.)

It's at this site.
It's a three hour vid if you watch the whole thing.  White has broken it into pieces concerning the various claims, and includes some text on each page with the shorter clips.

A sampling from the textual section concerning PumaPunku:

AA: “Of course [Pumapunku was] made out of stones found on Earth, because you don’t transport granite or diorite from another solar system.”
Von Daniken continues building up this false dilemma:
AA: “One of these platforms is 800 tons.”
That is very incorrect, the heaviest block at Pumapunku is 130 tons[4], and most of the stones are much smaller than that. So he is off by a whopping 670 tons! Unfortunately we will come to expect this kind of thing from Von Daniken as we progress.
Ancient Aliens spends quite a lot of time pointing out the various features in the stone masonry at Pumapunku before declaring it impossible to do without power tools.
AA: “Each of these small drills holes are basically evenly spaced along this routed groove. To me it’s clear that power tools have been used on this unusual block of stone here.”
AA: “This surface is as smooth as a table top, like in your kitchen. There’s no wave to it. This was machined.”
The sandstone and andesite stones at Pumapunku would have been easily worked with the most basic stone working tools[5][6], the idea that diamond tipped power saws were needed is ridiculous. The red sandstone was relatively soft and easy to work with, and even though andesite is pretty hard, because of the way it cooled it could be easily flaked off using stones as soft as 5.5 on the Mohs scale.[7] Such pounding stones were found all over andesite quarries in the area.[8]

Believers have no choice but to concede or stamp their feet and cry 'No Fair!" :cry:

These are the various sections available for viewing individually:

Megalithic sites:
Intro, Puma Punku, The Pyramids, Baalbek, Incan sites, Easter Island.

Ancient artifacts:
Pacal’s rocket, The Nazca Lines, Tolima “fighter jets”, Egyptian “light bulb”, Ufo’s in ancient art, The crystal skulls

Ancient text issues:
Ezekiel’s Wheel, Ancient nuclear warfare, Vimana’s, Anunnaki, Nephilim, Misc. and conclusion

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,449 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

We've had this discussion before, and each time the AA believers come in and manage to avoid facts like they were zombies and the rest of us ending up having conversations with walls because the walls were more sensible.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 5,534 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

It does distress me a bit how some 'modern' humans believe how ignorant and backward our 'not so remote' anscestors were.

Thanks for the link Harte, I'll check it out.

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

thank you.  Great link.

Edited by supervike, 07 October 2012 - 03:26 AM.

#5    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I watched the whole thing a few days ago. It's really good (except that the narrator keeps saying "nuculer" instead of "nuclear").

#6    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,503 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 October 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

We've had this discussion before, and each time the AA believers come in and manage to avoid facts like they were zombies and the rest of us ending up having conversations with walls because the walls were more sensible.
Don't I know it! LOL

But this time, hat wearer, there's video.

You know the believers must believe it, if it's on video! :w00t:

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#7    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• 1,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

no suprises here. anything seen on TV is suspect to begin with. :tu:

the problem was in the shows title.. untill there's proof of aliens PERIOD, suggesting there were 'ancient' aliens was just twice as stupid.

good work, harte, ..now all you have to do is explain how and why they were built [by human hands] in the first place.

we're getting closer and closer to an inconvenient truth here.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#8    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,049 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

I'll actually have to watch this, seems really interesting. Ancient Aliens has always rubbed me the wrong way even though I've never watched it more then a few times. It's just a bunch of badly strung together ideas based on bad interpretations of evidence, it's mere pandering to it's audience. 'We totally believe what you believe, it's okay to believe this so let's make shizz up to make it actually be believable'. Now this, actual proof they've lied many, many times. Brilliant. Liars always get me in a huff.

Edited by Hasina, 07 October 2012 - 03:41 AM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#9    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

I hate that show so very very much. According to them, everything is because of aliens.
My favorite line is from an episode that was on the other day. Something to the effect of "We have all these stone tools, and then suddenly swords made of iron." Because that's exactly what happened. :no:

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 07 October 2012 - 03:41 AM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#10    blackdogsun

blackdogsun

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

thank god for the guy's who put this doco together
logically, the premise that the earth may have been visited at some time in the past is possible, imo
if so i doubt we'd ever find any physical evidence of such on Earth

thanks harte, excellent

Edited by blackdogsun, 07 October 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#11    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 5,534 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Postblackdogsun, on 07 October 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

thank god for the guy's who put this doco together
logically, the premise that the earth may have been visited at some time in the past is possible, imo
if so i doubt we'd ever find any physical evidence of such on Earth

thanks harte, excellent
Um, I think that you might have missed the intent of the opening post.

#12    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

I watched some of it, shockin if its true, Im gunna finished it when i got time, still dont know much about it but glad its here for quick reference

#13    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,264 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

AA never lies to you because they always claim What if. So you got to remember that these are all just Theories. Until Proven Otherwise

#14    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• 1,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

AA never lies to you because they always claim What if. So you got to remember that these are all just Theories. Until Proven Otherwise
let's keep this in perspective..

this "disclaimer" you mention... a bit like the one in an infomercial that says "results may vary"

...meanwhile, get your effin' credit card out folks and buy the effin' product..

they can't have this both ways.. if the show were billed as fiction it'd be running on nick at night..

let me ask, was there ever an AA coffee mug, T-shirt or hat available for purchase?

[edit]
the whole point of something like AA, something like anything you see on the TV... is to drag you away from the competition; "God"

Edited by unit, 07 October 2012 - 05:31 AM.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#15    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I use AA to go to sleep at night. I plug in my tablet, got to netflix or youtube, type in AA, and pass right out...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users