Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How "Ancient Aliens" have lied to you

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#196    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence.

• 11,489 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

View Postkampz, on 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

I see that there were basic stone tools found near the quarrys. It doesn't mean they used them for everything.
I really wished they went into detail about it.
Finding metal tools used to work the stone would be nice, but it's unexpected because the metal can be reused for other things, like the "staples" poured in to the stones to hold them together at the same site.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#197    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Yeah it would be nice to find those. I guess it would depend on what type of metal too. True, it's unexpected to find anything.

Going back to the lasers..  It could be an advanced laser. Even more advanced then ours. I doubt they used lasers, but there's that .1% or whatever chance they did.

I don't agree with most of the Ancient Astronaut theory but these guys bring up great points about past history. If we can't prove Evolution to a tee or the Bible then some people should be nicer to these guys(Not really talking about the forum here). Nobody has proven how creation happened yet.

Edited by kampz, 08 December 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#198    Harte

Harte

• 11,489 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Those things can never be proven due to their own natures.

What that means is, the fact that they haven't been proven is not relevant, as by definition of "proof" they cannot possible be proven.

Lasers are hot, are they not?  I mean, to remove stone in nice channels using a laser would certainly involve melting the stone, no matter how "advanced" the laser may be.

Melted stone, once cooled at atmospheric pressure, is no longer the stone it was.  It is basalt after that.

You don't think there'd be a crust of basalt along the cuts?  How'd they get the basalt off, then?  Super lasers?

Don't forget what I said about the heat differential.  Stone doesn't take well to rapid expansion of small amounts of its volume.   It's not like metal.  Stone will crack.  Even explode, after a manner (not like TNT LOL.)

Harte

Posted Image
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#199    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Perhaps we'll know in time.

Stone can crack with the tools used explained by Chris White and Mike Heiser too. Actually they didn't really explain the tools.

On the episode of Ancient Aliens I remembered them cutting a stone from Puma Punku with a laser and it wasn't to shabby.

Edited by kampz, 08 December 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#200    Harte

Harte

• 11,489 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I believe what you're remembering there is a guy using a propane (maybe oxy-acetylene) flame to carve granite:

Originally developed to flame the edges of thin granite building panels,
the JET STIK now has many uses- restoring the rough non-slip surface
on granite steps worn smooth by foot traffic, removing grafitti from
stone, making birdbaths, creating waterfalls, carving sculptures, and
small scale quarrying of granite.
Source: Jet Stik

Here's a vid: flaming granite

Harte

Posted Image
Anybody like Coleridge?

#201    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

AA is enjoyable on so many different levels if one does not take the theories seriously. I love the way every other sentence ends with "....as ancient alien theorists believe." I must admit to being slightly irked by the lack of credit given to our ancestors.

#202    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

There's a long discussion about AA going on in another forum here:

http://www.unexplain...=237842&st=1215

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users