Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hello fellow unexplained mystery people!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I am a new member here, having just found this forum yesterday.  I've been interested in the unexplained and mysterious my entire life, specifically the alien/UFO phenomenon and sasquatch/bigfoot.so I am rather baffled as to why I haven't joined a message board like this sooner.  I suppose it's because there is just so many discussion forums, personal blogs and websites on the net about these topics and it's hard to know where you might find the best like minded people. ;)

I am looking forward to joining in on the discussions and after looking around more.  It's going to be hard to know where to 'jump' in and without stating or mentioning things you guys haven't already.  I also look forward to getting to know some of you more and really sharing ideas with everyone. :st

Edited by Bionic Bigfoot, 07 October 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Howdy and welcome to the site! It's great seeing new and enthusiastic people join, no matter what we've already talked about I'm sure you'll add a new perspective to it. You'll find many like minded people but also people on the other side of the discussion and to me that's always the best! New points of view are always exciting to hear and read. You'll be welcomed quite warmly by the vast majority of the community if not by everyone. Glad you joined and it'll be fun to talk with you more! Welcome again!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thank you Hasina!

I truly can't believe that I waited so long to join a forum like this and about these topics.  I will admit that I have had other things going on in my life that took a lot of my time, but I still should have joined a discussion group like this MUCH sooner.  I love discussing these kinds of topics with people and there aren't too many folks in my real life that I can discuss these topics with, unfortunately.

Thanks again for the welcome! :)

#4    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I can agree, not many people I know are into these sorts of discussions. Though I did join mostly to discuss politics, conspiracies, and religious subjects. I'm not much into UFO's since I don't think any alien species would visit us just to fly around and get sighted occasionally, but I could be wrong! To be honest, I'm very big into cryptozoology even though I've rarely replied to that part of the forum. Cryptozoology is just so very interesting, I may not fully believe in many cryptids, but I hold out hope that one will be discovered. If there's one part of the world that loves to hide mysteries, it's the natural world. And no problem about the welcome, it's great seeing a new name who's ready to get involved in the forum.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#5    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hello new friend! I hope you love it here :st

#6    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Maybe I'll be able to convince you of the existence of UFO's and sasquatch. ;) My mind is racing and trying to figure out where to begin.....lol.  I like discussing politics at times too, but I find that topic can get truly depressing and I feel we are all powerless in the end.  I'm not really into many conspiracy theories either, because if you start to delve too deeply into those, it's like a never ending loop and sinkhole you can't get out of. ;)

Edited by Bionic Bigfoot, 07 October 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#7    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thank you Bling...I hope so too!  I am truly hoping that I will be able to connect with more open minded people.

#8    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Honestly, I'd love to be convinced of UFO's existence, the actual alien kind of UFO's I mean. It'd mean we're not alone in this universe, though I also feel that if they do exist, their visits here are malevolent, like trying to control humanity or what not, just my guy feeling. Sasquatch on the other hand, I do hold out hope that the big fella does exist, but so many hoaxes have been perpetrated that I'm sure it's hard to separate the truth from the lies, but I'm hoping one day we find one (without killing it though!).
Politics is a very depressing topic, but it's nice to argue about, at least to me. I'm a very libertarian person, so it's always enjoyable to hear from other people of other political sides, because they do make good points. Conspiracy theory discussions on the other hand can be very frustrating as you said, it's a very winding path to discuss, because no ones really willing to budge on their 'theory' even the people who think they know the 'truth', whether it's the theory or the 'official story'.
All in all, that's the point of the forum, to hear other points f view and discuss them, maybe not change a view, but learn the other.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#9    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well, we are in agreement then already on a few things. ;)  1) politics are depressing and 2) conspiracy theories are never ending.... lol.  I hope that I don't give you or anyone the impression that I'm a gullible and naive person regarding my beliefs in UFO's or bigfoot.

It's going to be very difficult for me as a new member to find a niche and begin fitting in with the group.  I understand this and it takes time for people to get used to someone.  I'm truly hoping to get to know many of you and have great discussions and a few debates.

#10    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Welcome!

#11    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Nah, I don't think anyone's naive or gullible as long as they can back their arguments up, or aren't wishy washy about their point of view. Heck, I'm not even sure I've found my niche, but I don't seem to annoy anyone and many people seem to enjoy my comments and add ons to the discussion, and that's good enough for me.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#12    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Thank you schizoidwoman and thanks again too Hasina. :)

#13    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,285 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Welcome to the forums Bionic Bigfoot!

I love your user name and avatar. I forgot about that character from the 6 Million Dollar Man!

#14    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Welcome to UM!

Here's candy!

Posted Image

#15    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.