Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch sighting in Nunavik

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#136    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't think hypertrichosis fits this very well.
First, it would not explain the size at all.  the condition in no way makes people grow to 8-12 feet tall.   Also if they were just humans, they would exibit the characteristics of humans.  Mostly, the children would be very curious and would be seen checking out humans much more often than is reported. The cold would lead them to take shelter where they would be discovered more often.  I don't think hiding would be instictive to them.   Tool and shelter making would be more important.   You would also get some "bad eggs" who think "screw this, I'm going to town".

See, this is where I think you are wrong. The height I cannot comment on, but many of the sasquatch sightings I have read up on, the height was usually estimated between 6 and 8 feet, and like other posters said, it is hard to judge height.

As for the "go to town/hiding" comment. Well, (out here), there are native tales of conflict with these "hairy mountain people". If there was indeed violence and conflict between them in days long since past, it would make sense that the Sasquatches developed a good fear of us "normal" humans - a fear that would be taught and passed on from an early age generation after generation.

The cold would lead them to take shelter where they would be discovered more often.

Well, (again out here), unless you are talking about a ski resort area or one of the few common trails people snowshoe, winter in the mtns out here tends to keep most people down in the cities, etc. High avalanche risk, and dense, steep, mountainous terrain. Unless you are experienced in it, it's hard to move through. And another advantage - again out here - is that winters in the coastal mountains don't get uber cold. Minus 10-20 is the usual lows even at fairly high elevations, but down near sea-level we have winters where snow is rarely seen. Shelter and keeping warm is not hard out here, when one knows what they are doing.

~

As for the ecological impact of these creatures/food sources... (again, pertaining to the west coast), food is very abundant all months of the year (yes, there is less in the winter, but it's still here if you know where to look). As for the ecological impacts, well, I doubt you would notice the affect of a dozen or two of these Sasquatches amongst the impacts of literally hundreds of black bears and other predators/large game animals. Their affect would be lost amongst the numbers.

~

They can tell that it was a bear that did the killing and eating, and not a cougar or a pack of wolves. Because of the evidence that is left behind. Why is there none for bigfoot? Come on, you already know why.

And how many people, who are out in the woods, study bones they come across? And how many of them (if they don't do the smart thing and get out of the area of a kill), are actually experienced enough to be able to tell the difference of teeth marks of a bear from a cat, etc. I wonder this. Very few people are experts in this field of study. ;)

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 12 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#137    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,502 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 12 October 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

See, this is where I think you are wrong. The height I cannot comment on, but many of the sasquatch sightings I have read up on, the height was usually estimated between 6 and 8 feet, and like other posters said, it is hard to judge height.

As for the "go to town/hiding" comment. Well, (out here), there are native tales of conflict with these "hairy mountain people". If there was indeed violence and conflict between them in days long since past, it would make sense that the Sasquatches developed a good fear of us "normal" humans - a fear that would be taught and passed on from an early age generation after generation.

Well, (again out here), unless you are talking about a ski resort area or one of the few common trails people snowshoe, winter in the mtns out here tends to keep most people down in the cities, etc. High avalanche risk, and dense, steep, mountainous terrain. Unless you are experienced in it, it's hard to move through. And another advantage - again out here - is that winters in the coastal mountains don't get uber cold. Minus 10-20 is the usual lows even at fairly high elevations, but down near sea-level we have winters where snow is rarely seen. Shelter and keeping warm is not hard out here, when one knows what they are doing.

~

As for the ecological impact of these creatures/food sources... (again, pertaining to the west coast), food is very abundant all months of the year (yes, there is less in the winter, but it's still here if you know where to look). As for the ecological impacts, well, I doubt you would notice the affect of a dozen or two of these Sasquatches amongst the impacts of literally hundreds of black bears and other predators/large game animals. Their affect would be lost amongst the numbers.

Of all of the reports I've seen, I don't recall any reporting 6ft tall.   They are all from 7-12 ft tall.  Very few children.   Can children hide better than adults.    

I don't know if you can teach a child not to be curious.

But many sightings are from people who are staying in cabins or from people who were on they're back porch.  These hairy people would be freezing.   Some would most certainly break the code and use a cabin for rest.

#138    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostOverSword, on 11 October 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Were it not for seeing prints with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.

Ok, I didn't realize you'd actually found some prints. My own "openness" to the possibility comes from what two different friends of mine shared with me, my only "encounter" happened back in the very early nineties in Georgia when I was living down there. I was hunting, staked out a place and was sitting all covered in camo, I was using fox pee as a cover scent, then I suddenly got this nasty smell, like nothing I'd ever experienced in the woods, very strong and as I recall made me want to get up and move to get away from it. I didn't, but I looked all around and listened carefully, didn't see or hear a thing. Now having said that, there could be any number of explanations for that pungent odor, none of which was a Bigfoot. A few weeks later is when my Buddy gave up hunting entirely without giving a reason and about a year later he told me his encounter of actually seeing one. I've never found any prints, seen one or anything like that all I ever experienced was a funky smell. .......and no, I wasn't farting in my stand.

Granted, it's proof of nothing however, after the second person told me of his encounter in another state that paralleled the first story, I find I'm more open to the possibility. And I admit freely I'm all over the place when it come to Bigfoot encounter stories and videos.

Edited by keninsc, 12 October 2012 - 06:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users