Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch sighting in Nunavik

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this yet or not.  I always find it more credible when these sightings take place in remote areas by the local native people.  I highly doubt the size of the bigfoot as estimated by the women, but I tend to believe their story.  This sighting just happened recently.

http://ca.news.yahoo...-171155277.html

Two women in Nunavik had an unusual encounter while berry picking on Saturday.

Maggie Cruikshank Qingalik, who is from Akulivik, Que., said her friend saw some kind of creature out in the wilderness.

Qingalik said at first, they thought it was another person picking berries. Then they noticed it was covered in long, dark hair.
She said it was walking upright along the side of a hill, and was taking long strides. They said it would also sometimes crawl.
“We weren't sure what it was first. It is not a human being, it was really tall, and kept coming towards our direction and we could tell it was not a human,” she said.

Edited by Saru, 07 October 2012 - 05:38 PM.
Reduced length of quoted text

#2    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

I can't wait for some really good photographic proof. I think it should be law to alwayws have a camera with you if you live in these areas of the US!

#3    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Maybe this one will be hit by a car also ;)

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#4    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 October 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Maybe this one will be hit by a car also ;)

I'm being challenged already! LOL  Well, my post is....I sure hope that I'm not going to be confronted by so many skeptics here. :(  Since there is no photographs of this incident I don't know how you can dismiss it already.  But what DOES bother me immensely is the number of hoaxers out there.  These days it's very hard to discern what may be real and what is not.

#5    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Sorry lol. I normally stay out of this section rather than poke fun at stuff I do not believe in...but your thread showed up in the new post area...You were an innocent victim...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

If Sasquatches are intelligent, it would almost make sense that they're hard to find. They may bury their dead, keep away from human settlements, and may have a large range as a home area. If this place is as remote as the new story makes it out to be, I wouldn't be too doubtful that these women actually saw something they couldn't explain, whether it was a bigfoot or not, I don't know, but I can always hope.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 October 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Sorry lol. I normally stay out of this section rather than poke fun at stuff I do not believe in...but your thread showed up in the new post area...You were an innocent victim...

Ok thanks, that makes me feel better then! ;)  Be gentle on newbies like me please, lol

#8    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 October 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

If Sasquatches are intelligent, it would almost make sense that they're hard to find. They may bury their dead, keep away from human settlements, and may have a large range as a home area. If this place is as remote as the new story makes it out to be, I wouldn't be too doubtful that these women actually saw something they couldn't explain, whether it was a bigfoot or not, I don't know, but I can always hope.

This is what I TOTALLY believe Hasina.  Sasquatch are extremely intelligent hominids! Personally, I believe they are the missing link (more or less).  I do believe they bury their dead and from all I've read, seen and learned about them over the many, many years is that they are more 'human' than animal.

#9    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 07 October 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Ok thanks, that makes me feel better then! ;)  Be gentle on newbies like me please, lol

It is nice to see a nice profile pic. It annoys me when people do not have them. I know you are serious here...welcome.

My "about me" page...

#10    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 07 October 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

This is what I TOTALLY believe Hasina.  Sasquatch are extremely intelligent hominids! Personally, I believe they are the missing link (more or less).  I do believe they bury their dead and from all I've read, seen and learned about them over the many, many years is that they are more 'human' than animal.
I don't think they're a missing link, I think they may be of the hominid family, but evolved at the same time as homo sapiens, and even may have followed humans across the Bering land bridge, possibly an off shoot of the yeti family. They're probably distant cousins of homo sapiens.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#11    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thank you, HuttonEtAl...yes, I am very serious here and I do hope that I can fit in here.  As I said to Hasina before, my mind is already racing and I'm finding it hard to pace myself.  I have so many things to talk about, say, mention and I am very anxious to discuss many of the topics with the rest of the group! :D

#12    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 October 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

I don't think they're a missing link, I think they may be of the hominid family, but evolved at the same time as homo sapiens, and even may have followed humans across the Bering land bridge, possibly an off shoot of the yeti family. They're probably distant cousins of homo sapiens.

Well, what you've said doesn't sound impossible or improbable to me either.  In any case, I do agree with your comments and ideas about sasquatch...anything like that is certainly possible! :)

#13    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 07 October 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Well, what you've said doesn't sound impossible or improbable to me either.  In any case, I do agree with your comments and ideas about sasquatch...anything like that is certainly possible! :)
Won't know the actual answer until we get some actual hair samples or a live or dead Sasquatch. I just hate the hoaxes with hair samples and things, makes it much less likely that any hair sample found will be analyzed because people will just think 'oh great, here's another hoaxer with goat hair'. If a hair sample shows genetic markers of an unknown ape species, it'll get things more into the mainstream I believe and less of these hacks who think that just walking along forest trails will bag them a Sasquatch. What they need is a real exploratory mission, one that may take months out in the actual wilderness of Northwest USA and Canada, there's a lot of unexplored territory up there.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#14    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

I think I'm going to be slammed by you and many others here, but I genuinely believe that the Patterson's footage of 'Patty' from 1967 is totally real.  When I first saw that film decades ago, I was convinced then as I am now that it was a real sasquatch.  I KNOW that others claimed to have debunked it but I'll never be convinced it wasn't the real deal.

There are just too many very credible witnesses claiming to see this creature and going back hundreds of years.  I can't discount those facts and for whatever reason, sasqautch has continued to elude us.  And like you mentioned, some of the forests in the USA and Canada are so vast that anything could be living in them.  I'm not sure either that the government doesn't have conclusive proof of their existence and hiding it.  Yes, a conspiracy theory! LOL

#15    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,567 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

don't think they're a missing link, I think they may be of the hominid family, but evolved at the same time as homo sapiens, and even may have followed humans across the Bering land bridge, possibly an off shoot of the yeti family. They're probably distant cousins of homo sapiens.

I think they're just humans who long ago were kicked out of their clans/tribes for being different (suffering from Hypertrichosis) and then continued to live (forming their own small clans, etc), and still live their stone-age existence to this very day. It would explain the sightings, the legends, the whole wife snatching/children snatching incidents, etc. It explains why the bones, hair, etc, turns out to be "human". Because they are humans - just humans that have been living primitively and suffering from Hypertrichosis. It explains the whole legend (and both sides of the argument would be right for once). Thats my theory anyways - what do you guys think? Anyways, cheers.

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users