Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch sighting in Nunavik

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,122 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 11 October 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Wow! And people here tell me I'm argumentative.

:w00t:

Lol...

Are you saying you're not?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#122    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,276 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 11 October 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Imagine what your lawn would have looked like if a Bigfoot was after those grubs?
Which really wouldn't be out of the question if they exist.  On the BBC's planet earth "mountains" edition they show bears turning over rocks on mountain slopes to eat the moths, a very high source of protien.

#123    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 11 October 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Lol...

Are you saying you're not?

No, but I can't hold a candle to these guys. I just give up and move on. Then someone wants to chase after me and I just hit the old ignore button on them.

They usually calm down and I then unignore them when they can act civilly. Discussions I'm good with, flaming, personal attacks and stalking I have no tolerance for any more. Yeah, but I'm not as young as I once was, all full of piss and vinegar.........now I only have vinegar because I can't hold my urine. Don't laugh, it'll happen you one day too.

:blush:

Edited by keninsc, 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#124    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I doubt anyone on my side of the argument is stalking anyone over bigfoot....

#125    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,276 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 11 October 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I doubt anyone on my side of the argument is stalking anyone over bigfoot....
True, you don't stalk individuals, you stalk any thread related to the subject!  :lol:

#126    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

No, but I can't hold a candle to these guys. I just give up and move on. Then someone wants to chase after me and I just hit the old ignore button on them.

They usually calm down and I then unignore them when they can act civilly. Discussions I'm good with, flaming, personal attacks and stalking I have no tolerance for any more. Yeah, but I'm not as young as I once was, all full of piss and vinegar.........now I only have vinegar because I can't hold my urine. Don't laugh, it'll happen you one day too.

:blush:

Actually when you read all the posts, the discussion between DC and Neo has been very civil.  Its been focused (mostly) on the facts (and lack of) and is devoid of personal attacks.  Its a pretty good example of how disagreement, no matter how fervent, can be done in a civilized way.

View PostOverSword, on 11 October 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

True, you don't stalk individuals, you stalk any thread related to the subject!  :lol:

the same could be said for anyone participating in this particular discussion.

#127    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I won't speak for Neo and some of the other skeptics here in this discussion, but I will say that personally I would LOVE someone to blow the whole Bigfoot controversy out of the water with some good old fashioned evidence that proves something.  As of yet, nobody has been able to do so.  With each year that goes by the reason seems more and more apparent.  Its pretty likely there is no Bigfoot.  Its also pretty likely that there will continue to be debates just like this one.

#128    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,276 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 11 October 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I won't speak for Neo and some of the other skeptics here in this discussion, but I will say that personally I would LOVE someone to blow the whole Bigfoot controversy out of the water with some good old fashioned evidence that proves something.  As of yet, nobody has been able to do so.  With each year that goes by the reason seems more and more apparent.  Its pretty likely there is no Bigfoot.  Its also pretty likely that there will continue to be debates just like this one.
Were it not for seeing prints with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.

#129    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

the discussion between DC and Neo has been very civil.

DC and I have gone back and forth on this for years, and I never feel any disrespect or nastiness coming from DC, and I would hope that DC would say the same about me.

Heated, sometimes, but always respectful and civil.

#130    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Actually when you read all the posts, the discussion between DC and Neo has been very civil.  Its been focused (mostly) on the facts (and lack of) and is devoid of personal attacks.  Its a pretty good example of how disagreement, no matter how fervent, can be done in a civilized way.

I didn't say they weren't civil.......just bashing hell out of each others facts.....counter facts......extrapolation of facts......theory......and conjecture.

.....and in a most gentleman-like way.  :yes:

Seems I'm the only one who gets the stalkers. :w00t:

#131    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,334 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

deleted

Edited by Sakari, 12 October 2012 - 04:05 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#132    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,242 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 11 October 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Most ANCIENT homo and ape bones are found in caves, quarries, and burial sites. Here's some modern ape remains: wildlife managers examine the body of a monkey.
And this is relavent how? That monkeys and apes die? If (if...) bigfoot is real, then it would be dropping bodies, I totally agree. And I even agree that we should have found said body by now. I'm only saying that bigfoot is not a unreasonable, supernatural creature, other then we've found no bodies or bones. I'm only saying that statistically there is a chance.

You should know that it is impossible to Proove a Negative. Yet you are claiming that is exactly what science says about BF and that it is 100% not real. Using the precenceived Conclusion of "bigfoot is not real" is not evidence or proof, yet you continue to type it. That bigfoot is not real or is not a prooven fact, it is an Opinion. :yes:

Never more than 20,000? And yet we have evidence that they existed... caves or not, they lived 1/2 a million years ago. Yet we can't find anything from bigfoot? Who is still alive? Come on...
Ummm... Yes, so far.

You don't explain them, you make half-assed excuses that only open up more questions.

Let's start with one at random:
If they are half-assed, I truely and humbly beg forgiveness. Yet, I would point out that they do bring up more questions and build on the discussion. And this is a discussion forum, correct? About mysterious things?? Entertainment, no?

How does a giant ape population stay so small that they leave behind absolutely no evidence of their existence (no evidence of culture, tools, language, art, clothing jewelery, bones, corpses, kill sites, etc) and yet still have a viable population?
The same way any individual human or group of humans would. But covering up their tool usage, working at hiding their dead, operating at night, live in sparely populated and traveled regions, ect... Basically... Intellegence :yes: . It does not take much intellegence to evade humans in the woods. The exception, IMHO, being stealth hunters and, of course, the trail camera.

Of course if someone did bring a story of a stealth hunter seeing a bigfoot, what would the response be? Why didn't you take a picture? Why didn't you shoot it? :whistle:

Trail cams are a harder phenomena to figure out, since there is no interpretation by the brain on what the camera takes a picture of. So, you'd think we'd see more trail cam pics of bigfoot, if bigfoot was real. :innocent:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#133    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,242 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 11 October 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Ah... we're old Fencing Buddies, right Neo??? I certainly don't take offense. It is all part of the Game, of posting... Entertaining oneself, on internet forums. Basically it is a mental workout and Neo is a super fine opponent. :nw:

I usually let him win eventually. Hoping that I've made a few good thrusts and parries. :tu:

Edited by DieChecker, 12 October 2012 - 03:27 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#134    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,242 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 12 October 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Seems I'm the only one who gets the stalkers. :w00t:

Shut up YOU!!!

LOL!

Actually, I've had some Forum members (Now Banned) who tried to stalk me into real life. That is really scary. Total fanatics, I don't want to deal with.

#135    Snow Angel

Snow Angel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

FAAAAKKE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users