Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Haven't bad things always happened, so why...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostBling, on 07 October 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

I was playing devil's advocate with those few words :)

I had an idea you were ;)

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#17    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postredhen, on 08 October 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

I've seen studies that show a decrease in war and violence . Here's one article where it's claimed that "historically, we've never had it this peaceful."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1026723.html

Of course every few million years an asteroid slams into earth and wipes out most life, and eventually, after 5 billion years the sun will go nova.  /shrug

I read the link. It doesn't tell us how many countries were included in the thesis ........ maybe only the USA? I would like to know how they gathered the data ........ seems like an impossible task to me(even if it does only concern the USA).

What on earth are they comparing? What with what? It seems like very sloppy work to me. It's just an exercise in reassuring the American public that they are 'still' the good guys.

I quote: 'The average annual battle death toll has dropped from nearly 10,000 per conflict in the 1950's to less than 1,000 in the 21st century' ............. anyone else think that's a load of *insert expletive of choice*? Don't forget, the 1950's come after the end of WW2(for those of you who are v. young, and/or shaky at history!).

By the time I got near the end of the article and this quote, I'd had it!: 'What's happening is that the US is acting as a 'pacifier' keeping the peace all over the world'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thank you Redhen for giving us a wonderful example of exactly WHY we have to keep abreast of the news.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#18    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe, passing each day in peaceful contemplation"

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

View Postredhen, on 08 October 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

I've seen studies that show a decrease in war and violence . Here's one article where it's claimed that "historically, we've never had it this peaceful."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1026723.html

Of course every few million years an asteroid slams into earth and wipes out most life, and eventually, after 5 billion years the sun will go nova.  /shrug

This is for violence.... I most likely agree that war doesnt have as much deaths as did the WWs etc, thats obvious.

Its because nowadays wars are not on the battlefield, but they are on paper... within businesses and governments...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users