Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Have you ever suffered with Chronic Insomnia?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 09 October 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Coffee?
Stress?
Emotional problems?
Lack of sunlight?
Obsessive thinking patterns?

Are you talking about yourself or theorising?

#17    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Ok non-24 is this. I have a 26 hour day that cannot be changed 18 hours awake 8 hours of sleep. so basically my sleeping schedule for a week goes like this.
Sleep     Wake
Monday   9pm 5am
Tuesday   11pm     7am
Wednesday 1am   9am
Thursday 3am   11am
Friday   5am   1pm

It's basically inconsistent insomnia that occurs at different parts of the day. Now if your daily life doesn't fit in with that sleep schedule some nights you'll be able to sleep at night other nights there is no chance even with sleeping pills to fall asleep. It's a rare one even my doctor doesn't have a clue what caused it.

Oh as a side bonus to this one it is often misdiagnosed as bipolar, depression, and a whole slew of other stuff.

http://en.wikipedia....p-wake_disorder

DSPD is delayed sleep-phase disorder is pretty much like jet lag where your body clock is setup to go to sleep later then normal

Basically you want to go to bed at 9 pm but can't because your body is like screw you your bedtime starts at 3 am get used to it. At least with this you can trick your body clock in to fixing itself with a few options.

http://en.wikipedia...._phase_disorder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users