Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Is believing in the paranormal dangerous?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Ronztrek

Ronztrek

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• The lie of self adds nothing to life, all it does is consume ~ Kevin Damaso

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

"Is believing in the paranormal dangerous?"

It's not dangerous, it's just a bad 'idea'. That includes "not believing". Accept simply that you do not know (if so be the case). Anything beyond that is merely entertaining delusional thoughts. If truth need be known(the apparent paranormal or higher dimensions), then rely always and only on direct experience. In absence of the experiencer of course. Pay attention.

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

It has it's drawbacks and benefits like anything else. I could ask if completely trusting "scientific" institutions is a good idea, or if completely trusting education institutions is a good idea. It's the extremes that get people into trouble.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    Spky777

Spky777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

I found that ppl that have been scared or are sensative to noises will quickly realize that there is something wrong (haunting).  However, ppl that don't believe or are not of faith are rarely bothered at the begining.
What happened is that everyone in the end got the message that there was something there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users