Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

What is modern music lacking

music

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#106    GoldenRabbit

GoldenRabbit

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Edited by david_36, 13 October 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Go The Bunnies :)

#107    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Post_Only, on 13 October 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

Aw, I wrote out a reply amazed that you had heard of this band, then realized it was Great White you said, and not White Lion. Oh well, it got me to find the video of Little Fighter on YouTube again. Always good for a laugh at the pro wrestling style spandex, cheesy dance moves, and awesome guitar solo (in my top 5 of all time). You'd probably like it, too. They're an obscure band that should have been bigger.

I never really got into the spandex groups of the eighties......especially the ones that also wore girls makeup. In the eighties it was Def Leppard and Night Ranger along with a heavy dose of Rush! Synthesizers were terrible in that decade....or any decade.

As far as guitar solo's go, my favorite has always been the live version of Rock Bottom by UFO's Michael Schenker. I went to see them once in my home town, but Michael was a no show.....he seemed to favor his drugs. Had he shown, I would have only been about 12 feet away from him.....oh well......

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#108    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,562 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 13 October 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

I never really got into the spandex groups of the eighties......especially the ones that also wore girls makeup. In the eighties it was Def Leppard and Night Ranger along with a heavy dose of Rush! Synthesizers were terrible in that decade....or any decade.

As far as guitar solo's go, my favorite has always been the live version of Rock Bottom by UFO's Michael Schenker. I went to see them once in my home town, but Michael was a no show.....he seemed to favor his drugs. Had he shown, I would have only been about 12 feet away from him.....oh well......

That guy can rip !!!!

Scorpions dumped him because of his habits....His brother isn't bad either :)

Edited by Sakari, 13 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#109    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,147 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 13 October 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Def Leppard and Night Ranger along with a heavy dose of Rush! Synthesizers were terrible in that decade....or any decade.
You need to listen closer to Night Ranger and Rush then. Both make heavy use of the synth. The Taurus bass pedals and the Moog and the Oberheim that Geddy plays, yup... even they fall into the synth category. Even Def Leppard used the synth for a lot of their stuff.

Being a keyboard player myself... Well, I may just be biased though. :P

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#110    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 15 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

You need to listen closer to Night Ranger and Rush then. Both make heavy use of the synth. The Taurus bass pedals and the Moog and the Oberheim that Geddy plays, yup... even they fall into the synth category. Even Def Leppard used the synth for a lot of their stuff.

Being a keyboard player myself... Well, I may just be biased though. :P

Most of Rush's great music was without any synthesizers or at least had minimal use, but I get your point! Pink Floyd was the best at using these and I think they pioneered them on their album Dark Side of the Moon.

I guess my main beef with it was it's use in Pop, Disco, and some of the other horrendous music of that era. Also, I think it was just overused in the eighties to the point that I got sick of it.

There has been some great work done with synthesizers, keyboards, and the good old piano though.......I guess it just depends on the person stroking the keys!  B)  I guess I'll have to listen to your music to see what you sound like!

Play on!  :)

PS, I wrote this whole post with my guitar around my neck... :D

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#111    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,147 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 15 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

PS, I wrote this whole post with my guitar around my neck... :D
Whew, I thought you were going say with a set of drumsticks in your back pocket. :tu:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

Also tagged with music

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users