Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

What is modern music lacking

music

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

I have just written a short article about a possible "deliberate deficiency" of today's music:

There are many beautiful songs in the world, but when we take a closer look at them all, we will notice several important things that are wrong.
Three main "rotten things" in music:
1. No songs sing about such a soul stealing like at home by a care person or relative, or by personnel in the institutes where people die and similarly.
2. Too few songs sing about the most intensely suffering people (about those who suffer in the biggest pain and no one will help them) and about what they feel inside.
3. Many songs join good melody with stupid or unsuitable words (for example, a melody of sympathy that si accompanied by a text about love for some girl; Heavenly melody accompanied by words about unserious things of life)
It looks as if the soul stealing and the most intensely suffering people were two subjects, which is almost forbidden to sing about. But the Destiny of every human soul and of every human being are something what must be paid a lot of attention of all others. Despite this fact it gets the deserved attention in music only very rarely.
The look at the present music (of all genres) suggests a system that decreases our thinking about the true Heavenly things, about the safety of our own soul and the compassion for the most intensely suffering people. When we listen to the present music, our subconsciousness is mainly taught to think of love for a person of opposite gender or of some other things of life.
The essence of this "empty window" in music reminds me the most famous religions, which will give you anything but the truth that is forbidden for you to know. Both music and religions prevent people from any complete spiritual growth. And deliberately.

Now I am going to ask you something: Do you believe that music has a less positive influence upon our souls, when it does not contain a sufficient amount of songs about the safety of our souls and about the most intensely suffering people? I believe that a very large amount of attention should be paid to those who suffer most of all. But it seems to me that music is little forgetting about them. Or am I wrong?

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Why is it musics job to pay attention to the suffering masses?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    _Only

_Only

• 6,453 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

You're wrong.

Music is a constantly molding, universal language. You will hear what you think and feel inside. So if all you hear feels wrong to you, then you are feeling wrong inside.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#4    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

In my opinion music HAS evolved to suit it's audience.  Such as singing about what's in at the moment and as you can see by looking at just the last 2 years how many of those hits have fallen off...
It used to be about heart and soul and now it's all business.  Gotta make that money.  There are very few songs these days that really speak to me on a deep level.

#5    Glacknor

Glacknor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• "Dum Spiro Spero"

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

"pop" music is meant to sell and make money, nothing more. If it gets radio play, it won't bring up legitimate concerns very often, and certainly not in a crystal clear manner... it just does not sell.

Also, among the topics you claim are missing, all are covered in other genres of music. metal, my chosen genre, but not the only) has several hundred songs about the down-trodden, the suffering, the abused and so forth.

I happen to agree with Hasina here though... it's not the job of music to brink issues to the for front. The job of music is very simple and basic - to entertain.

#6    Cora Calliope

Cora Calliope

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

• "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

If the music we listen to makes us happy, who cares? Although, I will say that I wish some of the more mainstream musicians would sing about something other than romance and love.

#7    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostThe_Spirit_of_Truth, on 09 October 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Now I am going to ask you something: Do you believe that music has a less positive influence upon our souls, when it does not contain a sufficient amount of songs about the safety of our souls and about the most intensely suffering people? I believe that a very large amount of attention should be paid to those who suffer most of all. But it seems to me that music is little forgetting about them. Or am I wrong?

Each person has heard most genre's of music. We all listen to specific genre's depending on the mood we are in. Most songs I don't even really bother with on the lyrics, but more just listen to the overall melody or beat of the song. Sometimes I want the song to move me in some way, get me pumped up, hit me emotionally, or just make me relax. Sometimes I just want to hear something to put me to sleep.

Music is supposed to be about the things in life that we as individuals find meaning in or that are pleasing to the ear.

I certainly don't want to hear songs of suffering or about the suffering of others and I certainly don't believe we need songs about the safety of souls ( I don't believe in souls)! Given a choice of listening to the music you are describing or listening to no music at all I would choose the latter.....

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,330 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

modern pop music is soulless ;)
What they call "R&B" is more often then not sound and fury signifying nothing.
Note to the Biebers of the world - a song is not repeating the same word over and over in the same tone of voice.

#9    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostHasina, on 09 October 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Why is it musics job to pay attention to the suffering masses?

Because music has an influence upon man's subconsciousness and his soul, therefore it would do a good work if it was developing sympathy for the suffering as well as understanding of their hard life.

#10    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

If you think music is going in the wrong direction do something about it and write your own. Those 3 points I found covered in most genres...... including rap. Heck even groups like Insane Clown Posse has songs that talk about people going through bad things and what it does to those people. They even talk about saving your soul and going to God and market that with murder.

View PostWearer of Hats, on 09 October 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

modern pop music is soulless ;)
What they call "R&B" is more often then not sound and fury signifying nothing.
Note to the Biebers of the world - a song is not repeating the same word over and over in the same tone of voice.

Got it so it's basically it's identical to church hymns.

#11    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

View Post_Only, on 09 October 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

You're wrong.

Music is a constantly molding, universal language. You will hear what you think and feel inside.

You are only right when you speak about the perception of music. Yes, you can think it and feel inside. HOWEVER, if you are not capable of it when the melody is accompanied by unsuitable words, then you have a bad luck. Ideal case = the proper melody + the proper words.

#12    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostJohn Rayne, on 09 October 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

In my opinion music HAS evolved to suit it's audience.  Such as singing about what's in at the moment and as you can see by looking at just the last 2 years how many of those hits have fallen off...
It used to be about heart and soul and now it's all business.  Gotta make that money.  There are very few songs these days that really speak to me on a deep level.

It not only suits the audience, but it is also creating it a bit.

So you say that earlier the situation about music was better? Interesting observation. In view of the fact that certain kind of people uses to say "there is more and more of us here", it perhaps also reflects the change about music.

#13    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostThe_Spirit_of_Truth, on 09 October 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Because music has an influence upon man's subconsciousness and his soul, therefore it would do a good work if it was developing sympathy for the suffering as well as understanding of their hard life.

View PostThe_Spirit_of_Truth, on 09 October 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

People make music, it's not their job to do that either.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#14    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostGlacknor, on 09 October 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Also, among the topics you claim are missing, all are covered in other genres of music. metal, my chosen genre, but not the only) has several hundred songs about the down-trodden, the suffering, the abused and so forth.

I do not know by which details these songs describe the terrible situation of those poor guys, but the number of the songs which do that really properly is not too big, right?

For example, do they describe all the details of what e.g. fully paralyzed person exactly feels, being uncapable of the slightest movement, how he or she cannot say that a tooth began to terribly hurt and that he or she wants a different food than he or she was given?

View PostGlacknor, on 09 October 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

I happen to agree with Hasina here though... it's not the job of music to brink issues to the for front. The job of music is very simple and basic - to entertain.

Yes, to entertain. But in view of the influence of the music upon us, this entertainment should be joined with a bit of some good education for our subconsciousness and for our soul.

#15    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostCora Calliope, on 09 October 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

If the music we listen to makes us happy, who cares? Although, I will say that I wish some of the more mainstream musicians would sing about something other than romance and love.

Music should join both the romance and love with other serious things to be more complete and more universal.

Also tagged with music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users