Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Phoenix Lights revisited

ufo alien phoenix

• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#1021    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Arizona still seeing UFOs: Seven recent sightings

Posted Image

http://www.openminds...sightings/26548

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1022    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 04 March 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

The late Doc Berry said it best—“The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona, March 13, 1997”; his title best describes what happened that Thursday evening. Moreover, nine years later, I (we) still look for a return visit from our alien friends. I don’t have a problem saying that feared word “alien” at all. “Nothing of this earth” describes what we saw pass in front of us around 8:30 PM that night. Nothing!

To date, as I write this, I am still encountering new witnesses and hearing new stories of that wonderful day; so many reports will never make the Internet, television, radio, or ever be told to the general public. This is so distressing! One goal I had when we moved to the high country of northern Arizona was to find new witnesses and meet many of those who were just too concerned for their jobs, worried about ridicule from friends or family or just not knowing who to contact. There are many more who I feel have yet to tell their story. . . .

http://www.theufochr...nix-lights.html

I believe it has since been established that a company in Texas was working on prototype lighter-than-air recon platform that matches the shape of the object spotted in AZ and some time later in Illinois.  At high altitudes it was nearly invisible but it would fly at lower altitudes at night during test flights.

#1023    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I was standing outside of an apartment complex with a friend of mine waiting for his roommate to come home. The apartment complex was located near 48th St. and Baseline Rd. in a suburb of Phoenix called Ahwatukee and it was between the time of 9:30-10:30 pm.

We were standing outside just chit-chatting, when we started noticing what looked like something very large in the northern sky heading towards us still off in the distance. We didn't see a craft at first, only a formation of lights. We kept talking but at the same time keeping a close eye on this object that was heading nearer to us. I was only 19 years old at the time so I had very limited knowledge of UFO's or secret military planes for that matter, and it really didn't occur to me right away that this is what it could be.

As we talked and watched it get nearer, we could start to see just how massive this craft really was. We stopped all talking about other subjects, and our entire focus became locked in to this approaching object. The craft was moving completely silently, and due to it's size we remarked how weird it was we couldn't hear anything even though it was still some distance away. As it came even closer, we could start seeing how the sky was darkened out between these lights as well. It was definitely a solid object and not some other type of flying formation.

http://www.theufochr...fortlessly.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1024    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Right, the recon platform I mentioned had some prototypes and one was in excess of 400 feet across.  The company founder said the goal was to build one nearly a mile across.  The prototypes were V shaped and were tested many times in the southwest and neighboring areas.

#1025    MrBene

MrBene

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

I read this explanation long time ago and It seems plausible.

http://www.skeptic.c...eptic/08-05-21/

#1026    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

View Postsinewave, on 18 March 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

I believe it has since been established that a company in Texas was working on prototype lighter-than-air recon platform that matches the shape of the object spotted in AZ and some time later in Illinois.  At high altitudes it was nearly invisible but it would fly at lower altitudes at night during test flights.
  Wouldn't be allowed over the city...

#1027    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

View Postbendigger0, on 21 March 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

And you know that how?   There are often large airships floating around the big city where I live.  We have two major airports and lots of little one.  No one seems to mind.

Edited by sinewave, 21 March 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#1028    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:13 AM

Thats the Ticket ! IT was A Balloon ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#1029    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Ulfhednar

• 5,117 posts

• Europeans have to be allowed to do things before they can do them. Americans have to be prohibited, or they can do anything.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

At the very least, the pilots/operators/owners would be required to get some sort of permission first.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

#1030    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Of course it would.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#1031    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,649 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostHida Akechi, on 22 March 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

At the very least, the pilots/operators/owners would be required to get some sort of permission first.

Indeed, but that is typically not an issue as long as you stay out of the flight paths of airliners and what have you.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#1032    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

just dont tell us its FLT 370 circling !

This is a Work in Progress!

#1033    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Ulfhednar

• 5,117 posts

• Europeans have to be allowed to do things before they can do them. Americans have to be prohibited, or they can do anything.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 March 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Indeed, but that is typically not an issue as long as you stay out of the flight paths of airliners and what have you.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Agreed.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users