MIAMI (AP) — A contestant in a roach-eating contest who downed dozens of live bugs and worms collapsed and died shortly after winning the contest in South Florida, authorities say.
About 30 contestants ingested the insects during Friday night's contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach about 40 miles north of Miami. The grand prize was a python. http://www.chron.com...Fla-3929382.php
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action."
Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:12 PM
I wouldnt be so quick to judge! Ben and everyone at BSR are great people! This is not the first bug eating competition they have held, this is a annual event. This was just a freak accident that occured. Being a breeder of ball python morphs myself, I was going to compete in the challenge, however, circumstances did not allow as the location was still about 4 hours away from me. Everyone in the competition signed waivers before hand.
Living in the south, we have cockroaches nearly big enough to saddle up and ride off into the sunset and you get used to the little vermin. BUT, the thought of eating one.......??? Thanks, but I'm on a diet.
Place your bets: how many weeks before this appears on "1000 Ways to Die"?