Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] World of Warcraft apocalypse

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

http://www.huffingto...r#slide=1615538

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#2    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I saw a few things happen like that on shows like south park and the simpsons.
Are people being reimbursed for their in game stats? etc such as their death count?

Edited by TheLogic, 09 October 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#3    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

This is awesome :D

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,943 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

The writer did get it a bit wrong. If you duel someone of your own faction, your opponent doesn't die, they are just brought to the brink of death. Only fighting players of the opposing faction will truly die. :P

I've seen evidence of hacks before, but nothing of this magnitude.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,943 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostTheLogic, on 09 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Are people being reimbursed for their in game stats? etc such as their death count?

Doesn't matter how many times you die. The only thing it would affect is your armor status. Perhaps making it all red and completely useless which would require expensive repairs.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ahh I've only played once or twice I tend to frequent guild wars... But I heard people tend to try and keep their death count at zero?

#7    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

OMG I hope they didn't get "Sheldor" and his war Ostrich! ;)

#8    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostTheLogic, on 09 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Ahh I've only played once or twice I tend to frequent guild wars... But I heard people tend to try and keep their death count at zero?

Not possible. Not possible at all unless you only play for like an hour. I do play this game and trust me know one cares how many times they die. Now the may care how they die, like a dumb dumb being dumb and getting everyone killed on a quest or maybe getting killed in PVP by the same person over and over again. But the number of times you die in this game means nothing.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,943 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostTheLogic, on 09 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

It is entirely possible that some people do; people do some very strange things in that game. LOL But over-all, no.

#10    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Oh ok, lol.
I genuinely thought this was the case as my mates have this competition on who can keep it at zero the longest and I believed it was a widespread thing. Thanks for clearing this up.

#11    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,943 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well, there's no counter in the game that will tell you the number of times you've died. So it's a matter of remembering on your own and there are always ways to cheat in a competition of that nature.

#12    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Theirs a death count on the leaderboards. :)

#13    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hackers used an exploit to power up level 1 characters and then preceded to decimate the WOW population by killing everything over the course of 4 hours while in game. High level characters, even NPCs were prey to the exploit powered low level 1 characters. Revenge of the n00b is apparently sweet.

http://www.gamesrada...kill-thousands/

Some videos and other images of the carnage. lol, this is just kind of funny.

Edited by WoIverine, 12 October 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#14    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

It seems like this type of  stuff is always happening in WOW, thats why when I did play computer games I prefered Diablo 2

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users