Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hike Becomes Quest to Find Writer of Letter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,646 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

I always find stories like this very cool. I really hope Mr Wright finds Mr Taylor.

A regular trek in California's Sequoia National Park took an unexpected turn with the discovery of a 40-year-old note lodged inside a canister.
On Sept. 8, Oakland resident Larry Wright, his son Aaron, and grandson Skyler were part of a larger group on an 11- day hike near Milestone Mountain.

"We climbed this peak in order to see a lake, but there was this hump below us which blocked our view. So we decided to go down a few feet to see the lake and that's when I saw, completely by chance, a rusty canister," Larry Wright told ABC News.

Wright threw away the canister but held on to what he believed was its valuable content. "The canister was possibly for a Kodak film and had a metal screw. It was almost entirely buried in soil," said Wright.

Inside the canister was a note, in mint condition, written by 13-year-old Tim Taylor in 1972. It read: "Tim Taylor climbed to this peak, Thursday, August 17, 1972. Age 13 years. Anyone finding this note please write."

Full story

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,172 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

We found a balloon in our field once that had a note in it.  We replied to the address but didn't get an answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users