Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Are we the earliest intelligent species ?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#106    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,527 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 31 October 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

I have too agree on the cave paintings psyche 101 ! I wonder in thirty thousand years what intelligent beings will think of our C/D disc ? or  Jumbo tron`s Screens? Only time will tell. And Only what ever is around at said time  will record the way they Look at what they See ! Maybe It will be by spitting onto a cliff side in upper N.Y ?

HI D

Good call mate, someone will no doubt believe we had a shrink ray.

My niece spent quite some time gathering oral Australian Indigenous history, but Google stole some of it. The Uni took them to court, but had no luck against a giant like Google. They lost what was stolen, and Google can no longer steal their work for public domain.
Not too much respect for history these days, but I feel we will regret that when it is gone, or replaced with peoples imaginations. It's a crime, no two ways about it.

Cheers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#107    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostSaru, on 10 October 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Could humans be one of the earliest or even the first intelligent species to evolve in the universe ?

Humans aren't a species.  Our species is homo sapiens sapiens, just one of many human species which has existed on this planet.

View PostSaru, on 10 October 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Could humans be one of the earliest or even the first intelligent species to evolve in the universe ?

Humans aren't a species.  Our species is homo sapiens sapiens, just one of many human species which has existed on this planet.

#108    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 19 October 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'm a Victorian.

Posted Image

#109    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

DONTEATUS, on 31 October 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

I have too agree on the cave paintings psyche 101 ! I wonder in thirty thousand years what intelligent beings will think of our C/D disc ? or  Jumbo tron`s Screens? Only time will tell. And Only what ever is around at said time  will record the way they Look at what they See ! Maybe It will be by spitting onto a cliff side in upper N.Y ?

this is the world's oldest known cave art, done in Spain about 40,000 years ago.

In fact, it may have been done by a different species of human - the Neanderthals.

Posted Image

#110    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 01 November 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Meh, semantics. We are the only existing species of homo sapien, tomAYto tomAHto. Regardless, our 'human heritage' was certainly one of the first to give rise to higher intelligence on Earth. Poorly worded or not it is still a valid question. :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate, 01 November 2012 - 03:49 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#111    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,719 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 31 October 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

I do envy you, that must have been nothing less than fascinating. I would like to have more faith in the UN, but they do seem to be very much the toothless tiger. I think it will be more how you suggest, and that local cimmunities will have to band together to make other aware of such distasteful practises.

After seeing things like that it made me think we really underestimate the people over there and what they are capable of with what they have. I'd agree with you on the UN as well. The countries are also realising the value of their plants and animals to them as well, such as a rare turtle I believe in Vietnam? Or Cambodia? I read this somewhere and can't quite remember the details but there are a handful of these left and they are now doing what they can to keep them alive.

Ahh, long way north, but worth the trip. The Watermelon Festival is a must!

It took me a while to appreciate the local flora as well, I always liked the fauna being so individual, but I have planted many Banksia, Calistimon and Proteas over the last 2 years. I rather appreciate the flowers. I have a couple of lovely gums too that are lemon scented.

Oh I'll definitely have to drop around sometime. Great array of plants you have there, I'm really liking our Wattles at the moment. Lemon scented gums? Mm what strain are these may I ask?

I agree , the seed collection in Switzerland is a great idea, I think we should do something like that with species DNA. A modern ark in a shoebox sort of thing.

I'm with you 100% on that. The seed collection initiative was an amazing idea.

Thanks for being such a gentleman.
I agree, I have been enjoying UM for some time now, and have picked up a great deal and met some top notch people.

Thanks mate, was great we ended up on such a level in the end. It is quite an honour to be a part of this community when you think about it, huge array of different types of people with some great input and dedicated to constructive discussion. Quite a rare thing I'd say.

That is a great idea. I suspect such a graph would have a positive result, and that would be the sort of marketing the industry needs.

I did have a look at the solar farm, thank you for the suggestion. I see the goal is to reach 40MW, That is fantastic. I do hope it is received well and sets a precedent. We have the right conditions to be sure.

I am currently with AGL, which provide 115MW I believe of renewable energy and is Australia's biggest provider of renewable energy so this is quite substantial indeed. I would definitely agree with you. If the maintenance costs and such drop and we reap the benefits I hope we start seeing a lot more of these massive solar panel farms pop up.

I do believe the indigenous Australians have a similar respect for the land. I think it comes when settlers do themselves in. Each case of enlightenment seems to follow a major extinction event. What I find positive though, is that we do seem to be learning from the process, albeit slowly.

Yes that is very true. We went from massive industrialisation to coming back into balance with the environment and that is quite evident.

Indeed, but I think one needs to lose something to miss it. I think man has learned that lesson, and that is why I consider us the only species ever to feel remorse for environmental damage. And even then, we only recognise the damage because of intelligence. Most species I think would just eat themselves out of a home.

That is true, as a result of that intelligence, empathy is brought out. I'd also imagine the same for other species too.

Really quite a possible speculation. Animals have different needs, and well could see processes that are not apparent to us.

I suppose some animals appear to portray guilt, but I do not know if that has been qualified, but I do not know of an animal that will continue to show remorse. Like looking sad when passing  grave or something. It is an interesting thought actually, I wonder when an instinct becomes an emotion?

I remember one of my cats looking into the grave of another who was killed by a car. Walked up to the edge, gripped the sides and stared and sat there for a while. Was quite sad. Would you believe there wasnt a single car on the road, great visibility and everything, just a result of carelessness and speeding. They were half brothers. Even despite the one looking in used to bully the other one, he has been a different cat since the other passed. Almost looked lonely the passing months.

Indeed, everything we use it made to fit into our current way of life, I wonder of we rethink that convenience if some answer might become clearer. You have given me food for thought there.

I'd think we would need a complete rehash of how we currently live. Right now we are phasing into that. The petrol is running out, it's price is increasing and alternatives are taking the reigns.

I am very pleased, and thank you for being such a gentlemen. I accept full responsibility for the previous misunderstanding.

You have been quite the gentleman yourself and I greatly appreciate your responses.

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 01 November 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Posted Image
Hahaha that's a good one

#112    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,900 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Well everyone have a good spit on the wall and see you all,ANd thanks for all the Fish ! :clap:

This is a Work in Progress!

#113    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I believe if we survive for another 500 to 1000 years we will become like the klingon race.

#114    Daniel Knight

Daniel Knight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• "God is love", not "God is your opinion of what love is."

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

When will you stupid scientologists stop pushing evolution atheist and cult nonsense? Shut up already and accept reality. God damn, grow up. "Dur I hate God some I'm gonna believe in evolution and big bangs and not admit the Bible is true duuuur." Shut up, what immaturity.

http://eternian.wordpress.com/evidence

#115    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,138 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

If man were to die out tomorrow 65 million yrs from now would we be concidered primates because the new guys didn`t understand our backward ways so to speak.  i think we are the first on this planet but again in 100 yrs nobody will know what Detroit Michigan was all about.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users