Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sarah Brightman to travel to space station

space adventures iss sarah brightman roscosmos space tourism

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,894 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sarah Brightman to travel to space station

www.bbc.co.uk said:

British singer Sarah Brightman is to travel as a space tourist to the International Space Station.

The classical recording artist, once married to Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, will be part of a three-person crew flying to the ISS.

After completing a tour in 2013, Ms Brightman will embark on six months of preparation at the Star City cosmonaut training centre in Moscow.

She will be the seventh space tourist to visit the ISS.

Once there, she says she intends to become the first professional musician to sing from space.

Posted Image Read more...

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 16 March 2013 - 12:26 PM.
added tags.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,511 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Kinda shows that if you have the money, yet no real reason to go, then you will take precedence. The people who should be going are those truly inspired by the big questions, the people teaching us about Astrophysics, kids with a real yearningto understand the universe, those who dream and work very hard without any sort of recognition.

Send a coupla kids up to play conkers, so they will understand immediately many different aspects of Physical Laws and theories.

She wants to be the first person to sing from Space? - what a crappy, narcissistic, self promoting, reason to go...IMO

#3    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 10 October 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Kinda shows that if you have the money, yet no real reason to go, then you will take precedence. The people who should be going are those truly inspired by the big questions, the people teaching us about Astrophysics, kids with a real yearningto understand the universe, those who dream and work very hard without any sort of recognition.

Send a coupla kids up to play conkers, so they will understand immediately many different aspects of Physical Laws and theories.

She wants to be the first person to sing from Space? - what a crappy, narcissistic, self promoting, reason to go...IMO

If she didnt have the money she wouldnt be going. There isnt a line of people waiting for thier special trip to space that she is cutting in front of. So if she wants to spend 20-30 million dollars to go more power to her.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#4    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Well she did lose her heart to a Starship Trooper!

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,894 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Kinda shows that if you have the money, yet no real reason to go, then you will take precedence.
Not true, these flights certainly do not take precedence.
Space Adventures, which sells these flights, is only allowed to do so when there is an empty seat on a Soyuz. As well as Roscosmos, NASA must also approve the flight. Some of the money paid by those that have flown to the ISS goes to the Russian space programme and so these rich people are helping fund space exploration.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#6    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,624 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Once there, she says she intends to become the first professional musician to sing from space.

good for her

:yes:

#7    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Good on her I say :tu:

I just hope she sings a few versus from " time to say goodbye " on the launch pad .

TiP.

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,694 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

can we leave her there?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,796 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Posttipotep, on 11 October 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Good on her I say :tu:

I just hope she sings a few versus from " time to say goodbye " on the launch pad .

TiP.

Just beat me to it Tip....

You are now Banned!  ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#10    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 42,555 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Wonderful. I like Sarah Brightman, she's an amazing singer.

Posted Image

#11    F3SS

F3SS

Heading towards the unknown

• 9,472 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Ehh, you sound jealous. How do you know wether or not she is inspired by the big questions. Plus if someone is going to be the first to sing in space might as well be someone with amazing talent. Also, I highly doubt she needs to promote herself. She's relatively unknown to most yet is popular enough to make the kind of money that you need to spend $35M on a trip to space.

#12    Ghost Ship

Ghost Ship

an invisible dream

• 2,964 posts

• I have no idea where this will lead us. But I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

People who work in life using their talents to become rich and famous are to be frowned upon Keithisco? Why? The only answer to that question is simple and obvious. Jealousy.

#13    Ghost Ship

Ghost Ship

an invisible dream

• 2,964 posts

• I have no idea where this will lead us. But I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Also her Album from space will be unique. Worthwhile to check out im sure.

#14    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,546 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm still hoping Bigelow will be able to start building  their space station on time. http://en.wikipedia....e_Complex_Alpha

We pray for one last landing/ On the planet that gave us birth/ Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies/ And the cool, green hills of Earth.
Robert A. Heinlein

#15    New World Within

New World Within

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• Love is not blind...we are.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Good for her...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users