Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

PETA Condemns Pokemon 'Animal Abuse'

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

PETA wages war on Pokemon for virtual animal cruelty

Pokemon has begun his struggle for freeman and liberation, fighting his trainers, doling out group hugs and going to protests... in PETA's alternate universe, that is.

The animal rights group has launched a campaign against Pokemon Black and White 2, saying that the game condones animal cruelty and that its creatures are treated like abused animals.

"The amount of time that Pokemon spend stuffed in pokeballs is akin to how elephants are chained up in train carts, waiting to be let out to 'perform' in circuses," PETA wrote on its Web site. "But the difference between real life and this fictional world full of organized animal fighting is that Pokémon games paint rosy pictures of things that are actually horrible."

Source: http://news.cnet.com...animal-cruelty/

Edited by Hasina, 10 October 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#2    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

PETA needs to get a grip.

#3    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

I would say if the biggest issue in animal abuse in this world is Pokemon, we have taken a turn for the better.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#4    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

I still love pokemon. NO ONE CAN CHANGE ME.

#5    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,738 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Apparently PETA is under the (erroneous) assumption that "Any Publicity is Good Publicity"...

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,838 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm so sick of PETA.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,418 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

POPULAR

Apparently, it has escaped PETA that pokemon are imaginary.

Just to add...PETA must really be upset with Santa Claus. Using 8 tiny reindeer to pull a rather chubby human and enough toys for the world's children....what horrific abuse there!

Edited by Lilly, 10 October 2012 - 08:15 PM.
addition

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#8    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

POPULAR

The main character is a 10 year old boy who his mom let travel the world on his own.

Someone call child services. This is child neglect.

EDIT: The game on the PETA website has to be the most hilarious thing I ever seen. I don't know who designed this game. But they for sure took some cracks at PETA. It was obviously designed for humor. Not to make a point.

Edited by Kazoo, 10 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#9    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,964 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Seriously?

#10    Cora Calliope

Cora Calliope

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

None of the vegetarians and vegans I know (including myself) support or even approve of PETA. I wonder where the heck they get their funding from? I've always imagined that Ingrid Newkirk has a huge inheritance.

#11    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Talking of Pokemon cruelty...

How do you get 1,000,000 Pikachus on  bus.............?

You poke 'em on...

This small print is in place to officially apologise for the poor quality of the above joke, it in no way represents the sense of humour of 'Junior Chubb' or is affiliates.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 10 October 2012 - 08:48 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#12    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostCora Calliope, on 10 October 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

None of the vegetarians and vegans I know (including myself) support or even approve of PETA. I wonder where the heck they get their funding from? I've always imagined that Ingrid Newkirk has a huge inheritance.

'Lone Voice' here: I support and approve of PETA. I think they're right to criticise the content of childrens' games. Posters here are saying the creatures are imaginary, which is obviously true, BUT ....... they(the posters), are not children! Young children can't always distinguish between what's real and what isn't, even when they say they CAN, if asked! Facts and falsehoods are all soaked up equally by young brains and no discrimination is applied.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#13    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Well obviously Peta is late to the boat on this or they would have gone after this game along time ago.

(not pokemon)

geez in this game you can even beat your creature...boy they going after the soft pitch stuff

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#14    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Why not just make PETA a character in the game, and settle this the old-fashioned way ...

Posted Image

#15    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 10 October 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

'Lone Voice' here: I support and approve of PETA. I think they're right to criticise the content of childrens' games. Posters here are saying the creatures are imaginary, which is obviously true, BUT ....... they(the posters), are not children! Young children can't always distinguish between what's real and what isn't, even when they say they CAN, if asked! Facts and falsehoods are all soaked up equally by young brains and no discrimination is applied.
idk i never met a kid when i was younger that thought pokemon was real, but if the show is so bad then let the parents censor it from their kids.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users