Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

PETA Condemns Pokemon 'Animal Abuse'

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#106    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 October 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

My post reads - Anyone who attempts to force beliefs on to others.. That does not say they actually do it...Attempting to do it and actually doing it are not quite the same..

Yes, I understand that. What I am saying is, as PETA can't actually force anyone to do anything, what does it matter how forcefully or otherwise they campaign? If people don't like it they can just ignore it. If people are happy with their own beliefs then they can simply ignore PETA. And if they are truly upset by what they see as PETA wasting funds that they feel could be used in a better way to help animals, then why not contact PETA and tell them that?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#107    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,266 posts

• Question everything

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostHasina, on 11 October 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Alakazam's Pokedex entry
It has an IQ of 5000. It calculates many things in order to gain the edge in every battle.

They're intelligent beings, not animals. Arceus, the God Pokemon, created their world. Humans, at least postulate in the anime, are also 'Pokemon'.

And therein lies the true horror of Pokemon.

In the Pokeverse, every animal is a Pokemon, so what does everybody eat?

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#108    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,266 posts

• Question everything

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostUrisk, on 11 October 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

And Oija Oija, I was working as a Countryside Ranger, but now I'm not using my degree so much. I am planting lots of native wild trees and apple trees, and trying to rally local communities to come out and volunteer to make their local, highly deprived town just that wee bit nicer :) However it might come in handy for the badger survey training I'm about to undertake.

I imagine they squirm a lot when you pound in the stakes.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#109    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

PETA almost makes me ashamed to be a vegetarian.  I wouldn't join that gang of quixotic idiots for any reason.

#110    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 12 October 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

PETA almost makes me ashamed to be a vegetarian.  I wouldn't join that gang of quixotic idiots for any reason.
Would you consider contacting them and telling them how you feel? I live in the UK and PETA here doesn't get up to any of the antics that the US PETA does. Maybe the American PETA needs a bit of a wake-up call ....... they seem to get up the noses of a lot of people!

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#111    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 12 October 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

And therein lies the true horror of Pokemon.

In the Pokeverse, every animal is a Pokemon, so what does everybody eat?
Pokemon.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#112    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 12 October 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Yes, I understand that.

If you fully understood my post, that in no way suggested that they did actually force and could force.. then there was no further points needed..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#113    the_twilightzone

the_twilightzone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I support animal rights, but this is embarrassingly absurd.  PETA took similar issue with the Tanooki suit in the Mario Brothers games.

#114    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 October 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

If you fully understood my post, that in no way suggested that they did actually force and could force.. then there was no further points needed..

Then your original comment #74(and that of glorybebe #69), is meaningless.

#115    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 12 October 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

I imagine they squirm a lot when you pound in the stakes.

Eh? :huh:

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#116    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 12 October 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Then your original comment #74(and that of glorybebe #69), is meaningless.

Is it indeed?..I sure wouldn't like anyone ( remember from my post you spoke of - anyone )  preaching and nagging about my beliefs and how wrong I am, or trying to get me to change my ways......I get enough of that from my religious mother and now sigh the mother in law...

View Postouija ouija, on 12 October 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Would you consider contacting them and telling them how you feel?

Do they have -  So,our protests seem absurd and annoying to you...care to tell us why and we will gladly do something about it cards? ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#117    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 11 October 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Are you saying that PETA has the power to change the name of a town?

They were demanding the town change it's name.  Look up PETA under the search option...you will see how many hair-brained ideas they have come up with- DEMANDING that everyone else change to their way of thinking.  When the serial killer Picton was on trial, PETA had rented billboards to show a picture of a dressed turkey = a picture of a woman.  The calloussness of that kind of advertising and the hurt they caused the victim's family was horrific.  Due to public outcry, the billboard company refused to allow the ad to go up.  The calloussness of this one example is why most people look at them as a group of degenerates.

bad speller on my cell....ooops

Edited by glorybebe, 12 October 2012 - 06:22 PM.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#118    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Even Betty White, of all people, criticizes PETA and says they play dirty.

#119    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

• 3,266 posts

• Question everything

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostUrisk, on 12 October 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Eh? :huh:

The survey stakes.

#120    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

The irony of all this is that there are more responses to this story about imaginary cartoon animals and the known hypocrites of PETA then to more serious articles on here about science, religion, exploration, etc. It is a funny story on one level but on another it's sad we are giving it any press.

I will say this, regarding anime and Japanese cartoons of all types, they do tend to go further (often a lot further!) then animation in other countries; torture, rape, and a whole host of things you (probably) don't even want to think about. But they also produce amazing pieces of art like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users