Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

PETA Condemns Pokemon 'Animal Abuse'

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Do they condemn Mickey Mouse as well? In the animation Steamboat Willie, Mickey Mouse is seen committing multiple acts of animal abuse.

It's ironic because Mickey Mouse is an animal.

#62    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Angry Birds lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#63    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

the peta r retarded, must of ran out of real animals so now theyve went to save made up ones, wow, must be nice to have money to waste on saving pokemon

#64    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

This reminds me of Marge Simpson  complaining about the violence  from Itchy & Scratchy  lol .. :P

#65    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

PETA = coocoo coocoo coocoo

#66    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,766 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

How absurd... oy... my main problem with Pokemon has historically been that it gives an idea of "evolution" which is inaccurate; more akin to metamorphosis. But, from what my grandchildren have shown me of the whole concept, it certainly doesn't have anything which could be compared to animal abuse. From what I understand, Pokemon are willing combatants and make strong bonds with their human owners. That's how my grandchildren seem to have described it, anyway... So unless I've misinterpreted something, all I can say is that if Pokemon condones animal abuse, then karate or sumo condone human torture (I mean, that's about fighting too, right? only with real people, not fictional, animated creatures).

Edited by Arbitran, 11 October 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#67    Beastly Decimal

Beastly Decimal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

You guys are seriously missing the point. Obviously, Pokemon aren't real. But the fact that they're fictional and completely improbable is the very reason that they're destructive. With the colorful monsters and the magical powers, the games cement themselves in the minds of children (and gullible adults) and subconsciously, they begin to see it as alright. So in a million years, when modern science makes it possible to keep an elephant in a "pokeball" and walk it around with you, the descendants of those children and gullible adults will find no fault.
Just arguing PETAs point, since no one else seems to be doing it..

"Anything less than a human is a monster," said the first man.
"What about something that's more than a human?" said the second.
"An alien," the first replied. "Anything more than a human is an alien."
"Who decides if something is more or less than a human?" the second asked.
"Why, humans do, of course!"

#68    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Oh dear... PETA are really becoming irrelevant if they're targeting a video game - again...

They targeted Mario last year.

#69    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,683 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 11 October 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Kinda stating the obvious there, aren't you? No one's forcing you to do anything.
Yes, PETA is telling us how to live our ives- wanting to change a town's name because it promotes the consumption of turkey?  That is forcing your beliefs and way of life on others.  You may not want to see it but, that is exactly what PETA does.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#70    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,766 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostBeastly Decimal, on 11 October 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

You guys are seriously missing the point. Obviously, Pokemon aren't real. But the fact that they're fictional and completely improbable is the very reason that they're destructive. With the colorful monsters and the magical powers, the games cement themselves in the minds of children (and gullible adults) and subconsciously, they begin to see it as alright. So in a million years, when modern science makes it possible to keep an elephant in a "pokeball" and walk it around with you, the descendants of those children and gullible adults will find no fault.
Just arguing PETAs point, since no one else seems to be doing it..

And if that elephant were intelligent and willing? Again, if I've understood Pokemon as my grandchildren have explained it to me, Pokemon are willing (or, if they aren't, they needn't be kept in 'pokeballs', as I understand), and form bonds of friendship and mutual trust with their owners. The humans aren't the only ones who are wanting to battle others and increase their power; as my grandchildren have explained, the Pokemon share the same sentiments, of their own accord.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#71    JenniKitty

JenniKitty

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

• I came out of the darkness with a bullet in my hand.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

This subject annoys me so much! I love animals, I also am quite a big Pokemon fan and I have never once considered the game abusive to animals, they are imaginary creatures ffs! And for PETA to create such disturbing images of abused Pokemon, being beaten by a bat!? it just blows my mind that they are calling Pokemon sick when THEY are the sickos!!

#72    Beastly Decimal

Beastly Decimal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostArbitran, on 11 October 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

And if that elephant were intelligent and willing? Again, if I've understood Pokemon as my grandchildren have explained it to me, Pokemon are willing (or, if they aren't, they needn't be kept in 'pokeballs', as I understand), and form bonds of friendship and mutual trust with their owners. The humans aren't the only ones who are wanting to battle others and increase their power; as my grandchildren have explained, the Pokemon share the same sentiments, of their own accord.
The happiness trainers and pokemon share is one of the worst things I've ever seen. I have never known an animal to be happy in captivity, unless they are severely domesticated (dogs/cats) or fictional (pokemon). Pokemon subconsciously deludes people into believing that animals can be happy living in a pocket-sized ball - or a cage. Also, real animals aren't as bloodthirsty as humans, or indeed, as pokemon. Animals fight each other for survival; in pokemon, battle is glorified, made into a sport. Next thing you know, we'll be having organized dogfights in the streets, every owner trying to "form bonds of friendship and mutual trust" with their dogs. It's saddening, really. :cry:

"Anything less than a human is a monster," said the first man.
"What about something that's more than a human?" said the second.
"An alien," the first replied. "Anything more than a human is an alien."
"Who decides if something is more or less than a human?" the second asked.
"Why, humans do, of course!"

#73    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

spark

• 8,103 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 11 October 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Yes, PETA is telling us how to live our ives- wanting to change a town's name because it promotes the consumption of turkey?  That is forcing your beliefs and way of life on others.  You may not want to see it but, that is exactly what PETA does.

Are you saying that PETA has the power to change the name of a town?

"End the struggle and DANCE with Life!"

#74    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 11 October 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

I agree that is an attempt to force beliefs on to others..  If anyone protests and demands change, it is trying to force others to do it how they like it..

#75    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,028 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostBeastly Decimal, on 11 October 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

The happiness trainers and pokemon share is one of the worst things I've ever seen. I have never known an animal to be happy in captivity, unless they are severely domesticated (dogs/cats) or fictional (pokemon). Pokemon subconsciously deludes people into believing that animals can be happy living in a pocket-sized ball - or a cage. Also, real animals aren't as bloodthirsty as humans, or indeed, as pokemon. Animals fight each other for survival; in pokemon, battle is glorified, made into a sport. Next thing you know, we'll be having organized dogfights in the streets, every owner trying to "form bonds of friendship and mutual trust" with their dogs. It's saddening, really. :cry:

Alakazam's Pokedex entry
It has an IQ of 5000. It calculates many things in order to gain the edge in every battle.

They're intelligent beings, not animals. Arceus, the God Pokemon, created their world. Humans, at least postulate in the anime, are also 'Pokemon'.

Posted Image

~MEH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users