Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do You See "Red" the Same Way I See It?

colors philosophy

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,807 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Got a score of 7 in the 20-29 range. Noticed a flaw in the teal-> purplish one as well, but submitted anyway

#17    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,548 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Scored 19 in a range of 0 to 99 for my age range, so my color acuity is actually pretty good. I always have trouble with teals. I'll say, that's a pretty color blue, and the person I'm with will look at me oddly and say, "Don't you mean green?" I always thought it was my problem, but maybe not. Thanks for the link, it's always cool to discover something new about ones self.

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 11 October 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Not too sure about humans, but I heard birds and bees (ooh er matron) see the colours of flowers different than we do. And since nature supposedly adapted these colours to attract birds and bees to help pollenate, it stands to reason we do not see flowers as they should be seen... maybe.

Birds:

http://kromakhy.blog...let-vision.html

#19    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

i know that bees see flowers in ultraviolet not sure about birds though

#20    K.Ravi

K.Ravi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Always do good.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

being a spectacled person i can very well relate this do you see things the same way as i do , when i was 21 years old  i had some problems in reading the black board and wondered how could the person sitting in last bench could read the board so easily and i sitting in the third bench could not read it, then one of my friend advised me to go for eye test my first eye test in life, and i realized that my eyesight was -1.75 in both eyes and the eye technician told that you have come so late, how could you not known your sight is weak. I was astonished till now i thought that whatever i see everyone is seeing the same thing. Dont know since when the eyesight started becoming bad, but i never seem to realize it and all time i used to think that everyone sees like me, and when i first wore glasses it was like all HD, then only i realized that all people see things same and i can see like other people only when i wear glasses. This was a very astonishing moment of realization of the clarity that glasses give to eyes so that eyes can retain their original capturing power and transmit to brain.

"Ever mind the Rule of Three,
three times what thou givest returns to thee,
this lesson well, thou must learn,
thee only gets what thou dost earn"
Chat on gmail ravi.exe@gmail.com

#21    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

We all see the color we have been taught is red. Red is nothing more than a word in the English language used to describe many shades of "red". .unless you are color blind or can't see at all.

#22    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostNoodly Savior, on 10 October 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I read about this before. Fundamentally, there's this question: Do you see "red", or any color for that matter, the same way I see it? I'm stumped about it.

white-yellow
grey-red
black-blue

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you
And no one is forcing you to eat it. If you dont want it then dont eat it.

I am not a big believer in science by combat.
Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#23    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

Also tagged with colors, philosophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users