Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mysterious hum reported in Mt Victoria

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

A mysterious low-pitched humming sound has been troubling some Wellington residents for the last few days and it seems no-one has any idea what it might be.

http://www.stuff.co....-in-Mt-Victoria

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I saw an article about this happening somewhere in England, I believe.
Also here:
http://www.huffingto..._n_1208717.html

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• 1,695 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I first heard the hum in mid 1990s when living in a small, remote hydro town in New Zealands South Island. I found it vaguely annoying as it disturbed my star-gazing fixation on crystal clear, icy cold and otherwise achingly quiet nights. I thought it may have been a council water pumping station at first but the noise persisted over many nights anywhere between midnight to the wee hours of morning. Listening very hard one night i realised the sound had all the qualities of a large scale Earthmoving operation i gauged to be between 3 - 6km distant... and so it went on. In winter, late at night, land in that part of the world is hard as concrete but i guessed there were no limits to progress when it came to the mighty dollar. Of course the hydro project  had ended in the mid 1980s... but maybe land was being developed on private runs in the hums direction... but on investigation over subsequent days...nothing.
I was reading maybe a full 12 months later about strange phenomenon, i cant recall the book, when i first learnt of the  Hum mystery on the exact opposite side of the world in England which in every  detail matched my experience even to the high rate of suicide concentrated in the humming zone.
I felt relieved that i wasnt imagining the sound because, one my friends could hear what i was hearing yet one could not no matter how intent he listened...google  "The Hum - Wikipedia"

#4    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

never heard a hum but some times i hear a very long high pitched "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" for around 30 minutes or more, its pretty annoying and makes you feel like your crazy because it feels like it is coming from my head and not around it.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#5    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I've heard about those unexplained noises that could be heard all over the world .. But they got all debunked ..

However, I believe there is something to the "hum" .. I've read theories about how that the moving of the earth's crust produces the noise, but I doubt that ..

Very interesting. I'd like to hear it myself.

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 16 October 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

never heard a hum but some times i hear a very long high pitched "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" for around 30 minutes or more, its pretty annoying and makes you feel like your crazy because it feels like it is coming from my head and not around it.
You just described a medical condition called TINNITUS.  It usually is associated with some level of hearing damage.  I've had it since I was a teen.  Loud music and guns :(  Anyway, it's annoying and I can't sleep without some source of "white noise" in the room that masks it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#7    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Cant say I'v heard humming here, apart from what I hear when meditating..  But about 6 months ago we got this mysterious Thumping that sounded like something in the earth or under the house.. this is in Taranaki btw, about 400 k from Wellington.. I asked the neighbours, they'd heard it too.. I put it down to fracking, but it's certainly something I'l been keeping an eye on, what with all the Earthquakes & recent volcanic activity we've had in this part of the world..

#8    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm glad someone else is hearing that strange humming noise, besides me!!!! I live in a small town in the Pacific Northwest. There isn't any construction going on in this area.
I heard this "hum" last year too, only for a couple of months, then it stopped. It started back up again, last month. I only hear it in the wee hours of the morning, between
12 am and 3 am. It's definitely strange!!!!

#9    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Heys guys if your really interested I have thread at historian of all the booms and hums people are hearing all over the world,  to long to list them  all here, but here are the lastest.

http://www.historum....entists-13.html

I keep thinking the only thing that had has happen since these sounds started being heard in 1967  was the melting of the ice caps  and maybe its the ice that breaking up under the oceans .

#10    charmcph

charmcph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

• Life is a gift .. use it wisely!

Time is wasted while young...Time is important while old!

Thoughts are contagious

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

I have been hearing a hum sound for at least 3 years now.... its not all the time or even every day or nite. And its never the same pitch or even length. It started back up a month ago..for me. Told hubby the hum was back...sleepless nites again. It's very annoying... earplugs, or pillow over the head just seems to amplify it...shrugs..deals with it. But I also feel a low vibration with mine. And if I was to pin point it... it is underground.

This is in another thread somewhere on UM

~Char~

#11    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,106 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

All the bees that are disappearing ,,,,,, its them they live in a giant hive under ground now....lol. Maybe the earth has its phone or pager on vibrate.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#12    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

... they say it is HAARP, so that must mean you are being MICROWAVED... wait for the explosion of your brain...

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,383 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

No big deal.
It's just a giant worm eating through our planet. :passifier:

#14    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

View Postpallidin, on 22 November 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

No big deal.
It's just a giant worm eating through our planet. :passifier:

i can believe in wormholes.. but HAARP????

THE SAME HUM can apparently create tsunamis and tornadoes too....

Edited by araxia, 22 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#15    dj_nubla

dj_nubla

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

This could be a proof that there are people living inside Earth. If these "people" are developing their place underneath us, definitely we will hear and feel the movements because of the construction they are doing. If their population is increasing, it's obvious that land developement is required. Whenever we do vast construction on the surface of the Earth, there's a big possibilty they're aslo hearing and feeling the movement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users