Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Toddler served whisky at restaurant

sonny rees frankie and bennys restaurant

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,320 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

A restaurant has apologised after a toddler was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party.

Sonny Rees drank the 40% proof whisky at his second birthday in a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.

His mother Nina Rees only realised the mistake after he had nearly finished the drink.

Sonny, from Pontarddulais in Swansea, was taken to accident and emergency where he was kept under observation by doctors.

The toddler is now recovering at home. The restaurant is investigating how the incident happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19906942

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,060 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm sure he had a nice looooooooooooooooooooooong nap.

How could anyone confuse something like this?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,526 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Disgracefull, but I hope it was a good brand, not some Jap rubbish,ha ha.and I hope he has recovered .

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#4    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

My mother in law used to put whiskey in Garys bottle, mixed in with the milk to help him sleep ....He prefers it now without the milk

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 October 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#5    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

My mother in law used to put whiskey in Garys bottle mixed in with the milk to help him sleep ....He prefers it now with out the milk

I'd rather use pressure points :D

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Bluh! I hate whiskey! My drink of choice is vodka. That kid's a natural drinker.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,661 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Absolutely disgusting!... No toddler should ever be given whiskey!  They are much too young to appreciate it...  A decent lager should be more than sufficient until they are at least 7 years old....

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,526 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostHasina, on 11 October 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Bluh! I hate whiskey! My drink of choice is vodka. That kid's a natural drinker.
Polish "Bison" vodka beats any of your Russian brands,but you can't get it in U.K.

#9    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostTaun, on 11 October 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Absolutely disgusting!... No toddler should ever be given whiskey!  They are much too young to appreciate it...  A decent lager should be more than sufficient until they are at least 7 years old....

I would be furious with anyone who dared to give my kids alcohol  at the age of seven..I would fear giving anyone's kid alcohol, in case it made them ill ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 October 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,526 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

You are 100% correct Beck's Mom, I would never give anyone under 18 alcohol,but when a mistake is made,like this was,you can only hope that the infant is O.K.

#11    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,846 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

My mother in law used to put whiskey in Garys bottle, mixed in with the milk to help him sleep ....He prefers it now without the milk

My parents took us out to dinner every Thursday night from the time I can remember. It was during Happy Hour and when they brought the four drinks to the table they always shared with my sister and I. My drink of choice was a Singapore Sling at the age of about four. They had a nice quiet evening after we went to bed. :D

#12    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 October 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

My parents took us out to dinner every Thursday night from the time I can remember. It was during Happy Hour and when they brought the four drinks to the table they always shared with my sister and I. My drink of choice was a Singapore Sling at the age of about four. They had a nice quiet evening after we went to bed. :D

What is a Singapore Sling?

#13    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,846 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 October 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

What is a Singapore Sling?

It tastes like lemonade but it has gin in it. My drink nowdays is vodka. Ooh, that sounds good...I've got a bunch of lemons for fresh lemonade, add a little vodka and I'll be a happy camper. lol

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 October 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

It tastes like lemonade but it has gin in it. My drink nowdays is vodka. Ooh, that sounds good...I've got a bunch of lemons for fresh lemonade, add a little vodka and I'll be a happy camper. lol

I used to drink that with red bull..but then I got tired of it.... I prefer it with orange juice....I don't like it served with a heap of ice either.. it waters it down too much

#15    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,675 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Oh okay, the title confused me. I thought that the toddler 'served the whisky' not 'was served the whisky'. Big difference.

As an aside, I had a 10 year old girl serve me a Guinness in Ireland once. I thought that kind of thing was normal over there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users