Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost Radar

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostSmoochie, on 23 April 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Sean, I've also had good results with perfect time responses!  I'm not here to change anyone's mind ... but I know it works.
It's a damn computer program. Hopefully one day you'll realize this and feel silly.

Edit: Please do us a favor and read post #15: http://www.unexplain...15#entry4639609

Edited by Timonthy, 23 April 2013 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

#47    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Sad sad sad world, sometimes I feel like the general populace hasn't really evolved much from the dark ages when "magic" was highly considered "real" because those with scientific know-how were far and few between.

People today know how to operate the technology in front of them, but it doesn't seem to go much deeper than say using a spoon.  I can't believe people with their full faculties, especially anyone that has read the detailed post explaining exactly what the coding is doing here, would think this works.

Insane actually.  I mean even if you know the code, it would stand to reason, that if somebody could build a ghost radar to detect ghosts, they would need a solid, first hand understanding of what ghosts are and how they function.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#48    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 23 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

People today know how to operate the technology in front of them, but it doesn't seem to go much deeper than say using a spoon.  I can't believe people with their full faculties, especially anyone that has read the detailed post explaining exactly what the coding is doing here, would think this works.

Back in the 70's and 80's when we were taught that ESP was a "scientific fact" due to some very uncontrolled experiments, we were also taught that this "quantum physics" stuff might be an explanation of a long list of things people wanted to understand or believe in... time travel, parallel universes, remote viewing, extraterrestrial communication, and how our minds work.

One film of an uncontrolled experiment showed a row of lights flashing randomly in response to some undescribed quantum events, then they showed a random subject attempting to make the lights flash in a clockwise motion by concentrating... and succeeding! So there we had it: absolute undeniable proof that our minds could control what should be entirely random quantum events! Anyone who saw this and wasn't completely convinced was an idiot. I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this and expected to be able to change the channel on my TV set with the power of my mind in a few years.

I don't know what was really happening in this film (it's probably on YouTube somewhere) but paranormal study was full of fraud back then and "scientists" who reported extraordinary results got a lot more funding than those who couldn't reproduce the results.

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

It's for fun mostly . I cannot speak for its legitimacy as far as showing ghostly positions,but as far as the random words go ,when you DL it,it says everything the app has access to ,and that's pretty much everything in your phone .
It's like the smart advertisements we get now. It knows what we look at on line ,what we text etc,so the random words are a no brainer  .

There's another radar app that actually shows EMF levels. I like that one better.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 03 May 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Miss me?

#50    Sean Austin

Sean Austin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

well you have a right to your opinion and i feel sorry for you guys not to experience these things...getting into the paranormal over the last few years ive become a sensitive..i hear the words before they even appear on the app or the ovilus all the time...once i was talking to girl about the paranormal and how the ghost radar works ..i then told her how ive started to become a sensitive and can hear spirits..and i went and said for example i just heard the word "water" at the same dam time the ghost radar said the word with me like it was out of a microphone..the girl flipped..ive had NUMEROUS experiences with it like that...now there is the "ghost radar connect" and ive been helping the developer of ghost radar to add features that will improve and increase experiences..one of them now is you can add an infinite amount of words to its dictionary..you see spirits are limited with what they can say with the vocabulary it has built in it...now ive said before to other skeptics is.. what if theoretically the ghost radar works..and your in a room full of 30 spirits...then this device picks up "one word" from one sentence of one random spirit..and who says it is even trying or want to talk to you??..by increasing its dictionary it closes that gap more and more..since ive downloaded the new version ive been CONSTANTLY putting in new words and 2 or 3 word common phrases that people say..now ive had CRAZY 10 times the amount of experiences with it now..for example..my sister walked into my room the other night and my ghost radar was on...it went and said "your sister" then "shoot"..my sister was like whoah..she just had gotten back from shooting darts at the bar...the other night i was at letchworh village a very haunted abandoned asylum...on the 3rd floor we started to hear footsteps and bangs...it then stopped for 2 min..so we asked "if that was you making a noise can you make a sound again?" we then heard a  bang...ghost radar then said
"can you hear me now"  ..so in the end you believe what you want to believe and i will do as well..no need to condescend with sarcasm on our belief in something...though it is skeptics like all of you that make people out there try even harder to prove their beliefs in the paranormal..with the chance of one day where we can all believe in the samething

#51    Inn Spectre

Inn Spectre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are"

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostIndrid, on 11 October 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

The creators of this application are wise to
have realised how many mugs there are out there...

I've used the application for my own amusement
...including you. It should be called 'Sucker Radar'.

#52    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostSean Austin, on 05 May 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

ive become a sensitive..

Yes, you are Sensitive about people exposing how ghost radar is just an app with script coding, nothig more. I am not sure your angle on this but the only person beliving you is yourself.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#53    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I've seen this radar and seen people use it. I refuse to use it. There is no explanation of how this thing even works. Honestly it's just random lights and words. Really though, you created a device that finds ghost? Then you just invented the greatest scientific discovery ever. NOT.

Edited by Godofcats, 07 May 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#54    Kiisuke

Kiisuke

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

I hate to necro bump this topic but I'm hoping the programmer guy can answer a question for me about this app (if he/she's still around).  And I'd like to just state that I DO NOT BELIEVE that this app can talk to ghosts...but I have definitely had some weird coincidences while using it.  While using the app I always turn my phone into airplane mode (the app drains enough battery on its own, I don't need it trying to download ads or access the internet to make it drain it even faster).

I have a stack of hats sitting on the top of my desk. While using the app (which spit a bunch of random words then went quiet) I accidently hit my knee on the desk (ow!) and it knocked the hats off.  This actually happens fairly often, so I went to pick them up and the radar said the word "hat".  Weird, but again, I know this thing just spits out random words at random intervals so whatever.

On a different day a friend and I took a trip 1 1/2 hours out of town to visit another town for kicks.  On the way back, to help pass the time, we decided to try out GR.  Again, it spat out a bunch of gibberish words that weren't connected and went quiet.  As we passed a memorial for where someone had died on the side of the road the radar spoke "tears" and went dead again.  It went quiet for a good hour; so much so that I actually forgot that it was on at all (we got to BSing about other stuff, you know how it goes when you're in a car with friends).  Along the road, closer to the beginning of the trip (i.e. the end of the trip on the return) there's this creepy old motel that looks like a place you'd be murdered in if you ever stayed there.  Every time we pass that thing we always joke that it's like the Bates motel or something, one man enters no man leaves.  Anyway, as we drove past it the radar spoke, first time in an hour or so, and said "death" then fell quiet again.

The only other coinidence I can think of is on one night as I was going to film something outside using my camcorder ghost radar said the word "film".  Yeah, I used to keep the radar on whenever I was bored just to see what it would say.  90% of the time it wouldn't say anything though.  There were several nights when it never said a single word, which seems really odd to me.  You'd think that the creator would want it to say at least one word every now and then to get people hooked on the idea and to make them want to spend money on the full version.  Sure, the blobs came and went (I never paid any attention to those anyway), but not a word.

With that in mind, I actually went to try and figure out how it worked myself (never knew about this forum til today and I actually found this topic totally by accident).   Decompiled it, found the large word list and started to step through the code but could never really understand all of it.  My code doesn't look anything like what the other guy posted, really.   I was just wondering what I did wrong or if it's a different version or something.

public void startRadar()
  {
		stopRadar();
		this.speakTimer = new Timer();
		this.speakTimer.scheduleAtFixedRate(new SpeakTask(null), 13000L, 13000L);
		this.movement.startScan();
  }

Every 13 seconds it looks for a word to speak, right?

public void run()
		{
		  int j = (int)(2130.0F * Math.max(Math.abs(GRCApp.this.movement.ax / GRCApp.this.movement.maxAX), Math.max(Math.abs(GRCApp.this.movement.ay / GRCApp.this.movement.maxAY), Math.abs(GRCApp.this.movement.az / GRCApp.this.movement.maxAZ))));
		  if ((j > 0) && (j < 2130))
		  {
				int i = GRCApp.this.activeWordsIndices[j];
				if ((GRCApp.this.activeWordsIndices[j] >= 0) && (!GRCApp.this.alreadySpoke.contains(Integer.valueOf(i))))
				{
				  GRCApp.this.alreadySpoke.add(Integer.valueOf(i));
				  Intent localIntent = new Intent("com.spudpickles.grc.ACTION1");
				  localIntent.putExtra("grcWordSpoken", i);
				  GRCApp.this.sendBroadcast(localIntent);
				}
		  }
		}

But what is this doing?  How does it determine x, y, z, ax, ay, az, etc?

Again, I don't believe this thing speaks to ghosts. It's a silly app that was used for entertainment.  The coincidences are just that, odd as they might have been.  I just want to know if I can manipulate the words myself or what I did wrong to decompile this thing since it looks nothing like the other code that was posted here lol.

Edited by Kiisuke, 01 August 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#55    MythmanIOW1

MythmanIOW1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Paranormal Investigator

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I agree with Brian on this one.. nothing 'scientific' can be proven with it. Although that wont stop an enthusiastic would-be ghosthunter from pulling it out their pocket.. "NOOO.. PUT IT AWAY!" - anyway.. looking at it from 2 sides.. yes, it has a word bank - and without decompiling the program to see exactly how it works, we will never know. I've had this argument so many times with people. A phone is not a measuring device.. it doesnt have the 'inners' that k2/mel/em meters have - that we do know.

However.. (for the radar bit itself) - if its using the wifi signal to ascertain which direction its getting the most interference then yes.. it is possible. People will often be overwhelmed thats its put a blob on the radar just as they moved.. great! wonderful! - but ask a person to stand behind a wall.. then move.. it doesnt detect the movement. But keep it for a bit of fun.. and sometimes the randomness will occasionally spit out a word that will make you think.."how did it know that!?"

However that's not to say that a phone/tablet can't be used to its full potential in an invo.

I dont like the Dark.. Dont like Spooky Places - Wrong time to be a Paranormal Investigator!

Myths, Ghosts & Legends Website
Friendly Facebook Group

#56    MythmanIOW1

MythmanIOW1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Paranormal Investigator

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Having just gone through the de-compile code that was posted up.. on another post - have to say that it all makes sense. Pretty much debunked! - oh well.. just enjoy it for what it is.. let the muppets believe its fairies/orks/ghosts if they want to. ;)

I dont like the Dark.. Dont like Spooky Places - Wrong time to be a Paranormal Investigator!

Myths, Ghosts & Legends Website
Friendly Facebook Group

#57    teanpa

teanpa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postjackball74, on 12 October 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

I don't know anything about this app, but is it possible that it can detect where you are via your GPS and issue words relevant to the location?  We have to be wary of "refinded" technology like this.  It's one thing if you have a basic audio recorder pick up sounds (and even then the matter is dependent on numerous factors), but another if you have a more complex electronic program.  I'd like to learn more about it.

Detecting GPS.... exactly what I was thinking.

#58    teanpa

teanpa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I downloaded this one.
I was curious.
I don't think it works.
:td:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users