Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Biden sure is laughing alot as to not be

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#91    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

View Postand then, on 13 October 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

What he is either unaware of or is denying is that they only need a simple gun-type bomb like we used on Hiroshima.  The design was so simple it didn't even require testing.  The most difficult aspect of acquiring a bomb is the enrichment of the fuel.  They have enough now at the 20% stage to build more than one bomb.  The time it takes to enrich from 3% to 20% is much longer than the time it takes to enrich from 20% to 90%.  I believe Biden and his boss long ago decided to allow an Iranian bomb and are now just trying to buy the time and keep Israel from acting alone to delay them.
That's what I was thinking, that probably 99% or more of the work of building a nuclear weapon is enriching the fuel. The rest is, in comparison, child's play. Thank you.
eta: and getting it, I should add (the fuel).

Edited by Gummug, 13 October 2012 - 02:29 AM.

Posted Image

#92    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,656 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

#93    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

The only people who are happy with Biden's performance are the hard core left that was voting for Barry anyways, obnoxious loud mouthed drunks in bars that thought "Hey I can do what Old Joe is doing!" and Biden.  He may have made the base giggle and slap their knees but he turned a lot of people off.  Frankly, his performance lurched from "What is that idiot doing?" to "Wow, there is something wrong with that man."  In 2008 the democrats were wailing about Palin being one heartbeat away from the presidency, is there anyone that is comfortable with that buffoon we saw yesterday being president?  Besides ninjadude and Tiggs.

I really thought Barry was going to dump Joe before the campaign started and frankly, I was surprised when he didn't.  That drunk in the bar performance yesterday did not help the cause and in all likelihood hurt it.  Not with he monkeys throwing feces crowd that watches Ed Schultz and cheers but the undecideds that wouldn't want good ol' Joe near their kids.

Edited by Merc14, 13 October 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#94    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Even newscasters know when to keep a straight face during a serious topic.

#95    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Well, I'm not a hard core left, and I think Biden did very well.  In fact, most of the country seems to think so to, if polls can be at all believed.

#96    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,656 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

As one commentator said  in all my days of watching the debates ever since Nixion, I have never seen such great disrespect as was comming from Bidon,  I have to agree since I ve have watch all those debates, maybe he was covering up for Obama`s poor performance, but what a raving jerk.

#97    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postsupervike, on 13 October 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Well, I'm not a hard core left, and I think Biden did very well.  In fact, most of the country seems to think so to, if polls can be at all believed.

What poll is that?  Oh hell, I am sure they say all kinds of things.  If you think the guy did well I hope you are a dem.

Edited by Merc14, 13 October 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#98    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

CBS poll.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ted-voters-say/

#99    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

View Postsupervike, on 13 October 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

From what I saw the polls are 50/50 and pretty mush biased on who they asked.  The thing is they needed a blow out and didn't get it.  The main objective of a VP debate is to show that the pinch hitter can take the number one slot if needed.  Ryan did that very well.  Biden looked like an idiot and certainly not presidential but there were many who enjoyed it.  I guess his base wanted a rude, angry loud-mouthed bully after Obama's piss-poor performance and they got it.

i have been watching these debates since the early 80's and I have never, ever seen anything approaching that embarrassing act I saw last night.  To think someone considers that man presidential material is downright scary.  It speaks volumes about the state of the democrat party.  My guess is you boys will be out of power for at least the next decade.  Enjoy.

Edited by Merc14, 13 October 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#100    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

No, I'm certainly a Undecided voter.  I voted for Obama last election, but I voted for Bush in the one before.  I don't affiliate myself with any one party.

I don't mind Ryan all that much, but I think no clear plan and very wishy washy politics are what are keeping that ticket from getting my vote.

#101    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postsupervike, on 13 October 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

No, I'm certainly a Undecided voter.  I voted for Obama last election, but I voted for Bush in the one before.  I don't affiliate myself with any one party.

I don't mind Ryan all that much, but I think no clear plan and very wishy washy politics are what are keeping that ticket from getting my vote.

I don'tunderstand that "no plan" meme.  They have a 5 point plan.  Regardless, what plan does Obama have?  Seriously?  "We are going to keep doing the same thing, maybe throw another trillion at it but ooh, Obamacare kicks in and that will cost a couple trillion and then when we raise taxes so unemployment goes up..."  More of the same has got to be a HUGE turn-off for a lot of people given the failure of the last 4 years..

Edited by Merc14, 13 October 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#102    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,093 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostCorp, on 13 October 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Just out of curiosity what was the case that you were trying to make? That laughing at someone's personal tragedy is bad? I'd hope that it would be a given. :P
Try something a little more obvious like being disruptive and insulting during a professional event is not being very professional and to think that this person is but a heart beat away from running this nation.  You don't win a debate by resorting to this kind of tactic.  This is the kind of childish prank I would expect from liberals on this forum.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#103    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

View Postand then, on 13 October 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

I believe Biden and his boss long ago decided to allow an Iranian bomb and are now just trying to buy the time and keep Israel from acting alone to delay them.

Ron Paul made a comment to this effect. I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Obama/Biden could share that sentiment.

Posted Image

#104    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostMerc14, on 13 October 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

I don'tunderstand that "no plan" meme.  They have a 5 point plan.  Regardless, what plan does Obama have?  Seriously?  "We are going to keep doing the same thing, maybe throw another trillion at it but ooh, Obamacare kicks in and that will cost a couple trillion and then when we raise taxes so unemployment goes up..."  More of the same has got to be a HUGE turn-off for a lot of people given the failure of the last 4 years..

I read a great article the other day that showed how the '5 point plan' is basically the same as what President Obama has been doing.

Couple that with the fact the Affordable Care Act is nothing more than a retooling of Governor Romeny's Massachussetts Health Care plan.  A plan that came directly from Conservatives.

We HAVE to have some sort of National Health Care plan, because the alternative isn't working.  Too many people without insurance that go to the emergency room for the sniffles force the price up for those that DO have coverage.

The plan isn't perfect, and it's expensive, but the alternative is way more expensive and way more impacting to the middle class.

#105    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

View Postsupervike, on 13 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

I read a great article the other day that showed how the '5 point plan' is basically the same as what President Obama has been doing.

Couple that with the fact the Affordable Care Act is nothing more than a retooling of Governor Romeny's Massachussetts Health Care plan.  A plan that came directly from Conservatives.

We HAVE to have some sort of National Health Care plan, because the alternative isn't working.  Too many people without insurance that go to the emergency room for the sniffles force the price up for those that DO have coverage.

The plan isn't perfect, and it's expensive, but the alternative is way more expensive and way more impacting to the middle class.

Well, if you believe that you should vote for him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users