Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Giant eyeball found

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

I believe it looks quite similar to the eye of a swordfish

Edited by Saru, 13 October 2012 - 10:50 AM.
Removed images for copyright reasons

#17    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Reportedly solved, belonging to a marlin.

http://deepseanews.com/2012/10/solved-where-did-the-big-eye-in-the-sea-come-from/

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#18    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,283 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Now they are saying it could belong to a bigeye thresher shark.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#19    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

http://www.jconline....|text|FRONTPAGE

A huge, softball-size eyeball that washed ashore in Pompano Beach, Fla. may have come from a deep sea squid or a large sword fish, the Associated Press reports.

*Snip*

I think I'm going to vote Swordfish, or something simiilar. The skin around the eye looks like fish skin to me.

Other opinions??

Edited by Still Waters, 14 October 2012 - 09:02 PM.
Removed copyrighted image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

LOL. I thought it strange that this had not been posted. I did try a search, but maybe I did not have the whole forum selected??

Looks like I was right it was from a large fish.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

That's nature, always full of surprises.

#22    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

So its narrowed down to three possibilities. Just DNA test it already .

Miss me?

#23    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostInsanity, on 13 October 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Reportedly solved, belonging to a marlin.

http://deepseanews.com/2012/10/solved-where-did-the-big-eye-in-the-sea-come-from/

That's just a coverup ;)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#24    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 15 October 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

That's nature, always full of surprises.

The question is, what the hell suprised that Swordfish?

http://www.huffingto..._n_1967199.html

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

A news article I read yesterday said that the eyeball had straight line incisions in it, and it is assumed that a fisherman/angler cut it out after pulliing in a marlin or swordfish.

http://cosmiclog.nbc...ery-solved?lite

"'Experts on site and remotely have viewed and analyzed the eye, and based on its color, size and structure, along with the presence of bone around it, we believe the eye came from a swordfish,' said Joan Herrera, curator of collections at the FWC’s Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg. 'Based on straight-line cuts visible around the eye, we believe it was removed by a fisherman and discarded.'

#26    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

uhh yeah if i would be that fishermen . i dont think i would made such straight line incisions .. and let that eye behind so perfectly !  
if i wanted to eat the fish i would had destroyed the eyeball to preserve  the body ! put your finger in the eye and pull out the eyeball maybe?
or is there someone out there using his knife art skills to remove an eye? without damaging it and the body?

maybe the media is lying .. its cut out with lasers by aliens :D they love eating earth fish :D but they dont like the eyes eheheheh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users