Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Contradictions in the bible

• Please log in to reply
591 replies to this topic

#1    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

POPULAR

I love the way the bible contradicts itself as it adds to the argument I have that it was not inspired by God but written by storytellers.

Here's a good example:

Has anyone seen God?
  • John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time."
  • Exodus 33:20 "Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."
  • John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God [Jesus], he hath seen the Father."
  • I John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time."
  vs
  • Genesis 32:30 "For I have seen God face to face."
  • Exodus 33:11 "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
  • Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple."
  • Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Possible Source for more information

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 December 2012 - 11:09 PM.
Added source link

#2    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I've been given a whole booklet full of them.

#3    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

The Bible has been manipulated by man at the council of Nicea, and possibly by various others also

It would explain why there is contradiction's in the Bible, as there are certain Gospel's that was left out due to the council not wanting it in there

Posted Image

#4    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 12 October 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

The Bible has been manipulated by man at the council of Nicea, and possibly by various others also

It would explain why there is contradiction's in the Bible, as there are certain Gospel's that was left out due to the council not wanting it in there

So the bible the world reads today is fake?

#5    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

POPULAR

I don't want to get involved in this kind of matters anymore. I think life is getting too complicated as it is.

I'll just need to be happy with what I choose to believe and let others be happy with what they choose to believe.

Edited by Mnemonix, 12 October 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#6    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 12 October 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

I don't want to get involved in this kind of matters anymore. I think life is getting too complicated as it is.

I'll just need to be happy with what I choose to believe and let others be happy with what they choose to believe.

Er....ok ??

#7    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostBling, on 12 October 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Er....ok ??

I just want a break from religious matters.

I think you know what I mean :tu:

Edited by Mnemonix, 12 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#8    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 12 October 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

I just want a break from religious matters.

I think you know what I mean :tu:

Then this isn't the topic for you! ;)

#9    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostBling, on 12 October 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Then this isn't the topic for you! ;)

I'll be off, then ;)

#10    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 12 October 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'll be off, then ;)

I wasn't pushing you away! I love your new avatar by the way! :tu:

#11    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostBling, on 12 October 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

I wasn't pushing you away! I love your new avatar by the way! :tu:

Ha ha, no worries. It's no problem :lol:

And thank you very much :)

#12    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Do these contradictions bother christians? Does it make them question the bible's authenticity? Just wondering....

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,976 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostBling, on 12 October 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Do these contradictions bother christians? Does it make them question the bible's authenticity? Just wondering....
Bling I for one don't get too concerned about such things.  This text is in some cases 3000 years old and while the majority of it has been very carefully transcribed I'm sure that errors could have been made - humans and all...
But I use as my pattern my grand father.  He was a good man.  Honest and fair dealing with all.  Avid church goer at a time and in a place (very rural south Alabama) that church going was not a convenient thing - it took great effort, walking long distances, etc.  Anyway, my point is that he put in the effort and was uneducated to the point that he couldn't even begin to be the scholar that many here at UM are.... but he had a very strong faith and centered his life on the words of Jesus.  I believe the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.  I try ( and fail a lot) to live my life from it's precepts.  When the end comes for me and I discover the answer to the mystery for myself then all I will leave behind is the memory of how I treated others and whatever inspiration my faith gave them.  That book and my grandfather's belief in it and his actions toward it make me a better person than I otherwise would be.  No saint for certain, but better than I would be without it.  So my point is why is it necessary to demean and call it into question when so many other things in this life are already so destructive?  It's almost like trying to blow out the last few candles in a rapidly darkening cave with pits everywhere one could fall into.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#14    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Politicians contradicte themselves all the time and they still exist (sadly).

Posted Image

~MEH~

#15    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postand then, on 12 October 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Bling I for one don't get too concerned about such things.  This text is in some cases 3000 years old and while the majority of it has been very carefully transcribed I'm sure that errors could have been made - humans and all...
But I use as my pattern my grand father.  He was a good man.  Honest and fair dealing with all.  Avid church goer at a time and in a place (very rural south Alabama) that church going was not a convenient thing - it took great effort, walking long distances, etc.  Anyway, my point is that he put in the effort and was uneducated to the point that he couldn't even begin to be the scholar that many here at UM are.... but he had a very strong faith and centered his life on the words of Jesus.  I believe the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God.  I try ( and fail a lot) to live my life from it's precepts.  When the end comes for me and I discover the answer to the mystery for myself then all I will leave behind is the memory of how I treated others and whatever inspiration my faith gave them.  That book and my grandfather's belief in it and his actions toward it make me a better person than I otherwise would be.  No saint for certain, but better than I would be without it.  So my point is why is it necessary to demean and call it into question when so many other things in this life are already so destructive?  It's almost like trying to blow out the last few candles in a rapidly darkening cave with pits everywhere one could fall into.

If the bible was inspired by the holy spirit of God, why then does God allow those errors to occur? If it really is his chance to communicate with mankind then why would he allow things to be less than perfect?
And questioning a book that major religions are based on, and these religions then go on to kill and destroy people's lives based on this book, is not demeaning it - it's asking for some kind of validation. If you or anyone else is offended by an atheist bringing up this subject then don't get involved with it, believe what you want and let atheists express themselves as they wish. I am merely stating facts about the bible. I haven't placed the 'darkening cave with pits' in the world, God has done this to the world....so the bible says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users