Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Whats the biggest cryptozoology mystery ?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

There are hundreds of mystery's out there from Roswell to loch-ness and crop circles etc etc but out of all these mystery's there is one that still bugs me and that is the Patterson Gimlin footage they can't disprove it but yet day after day they try to discredit it I personally feel its real only because it hasn't been disproven as yet. What do think is the biggest mystery ?

#2    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

I think the biggest cryptozoological mystery involves el chupacabra. If it was disproved in 2010, then what explains the livestock that were sucked dry of blood?

Posted Image

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Its going to be hard for me to pick just one.  If aliens have been here I think is the biggest.  Then there's Bigfoot.  Don't make me choose I can't.

#4    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostHilander, on 13 October 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Its going to be hard for me to pick just one.  If aliens have been here I think is the biggest.  Then there's Bigfoot.  Don't make me choose I can't.
I'm with you but if Idid have to pick I would say crop circles as I just love some of those patterns they make. :tu:

#5    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostHarlequin Dreamer, on 13 October 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

I'm with you but if Idid have to pick I would say crop circles as I just love some of those patterns they make. :tu:

That's another one...

Posted Image

#6    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,301 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Lightning from the clouds, no rain or Thunder, very scary.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#7    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

For me, sasquatch most definitely.  Due to its apparent overwhelming similarities in bahaviour and physiology to humans.  The ramifications from such a confirmation would completely force us rethink our place in the natural world.  It would be the grand daddy of wake-up calls and a humbling revelation for all mankind.

Edited by Bionic Bigfoot, 13 October 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#8    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostTaylor Reints, on 13 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I think the biggest cryptozoological mystery involves el chupacabra. If it was disproved in 2010, then what explains the livestock that were sucked dry of blood?

Never mind: In addition, the reports of blood-sucking by the chupacabra were never confirmed by a necropsy, the only way to conclude that the animal was drained of blood. An analysis by a veterinarian of 300 reported victims of the chupacabra found that they had not been bled dry.

Posted Image

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 12 October 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

There are hundreds of mystery's out there from Roswell to loch-ness and crop circles etc etc but out of all these mystery's there is one that still bugs me and that is the Patterson Gimlin footage they can't disprove it but yet day after day they try to discredit it I personally feel its real only because it hasn't been disproven as yet. What do think is the biggest mystery ?

If you don't believe that PGF has been debunked, you simply don't want to see the evidence that's been put forth.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

The biggest crypto mystery to me is; why people continue to believe in these silly fairytales.

#11    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

To me the biggest mystery regarding Cryptozoology is the human psychological phenomenon that drives it.  Crypto isn't about actual animals - its about belief.  Its about being impelled to believe something for which there is no evidence in most cases.  What makes people need to do that?  Thats the mystery of cryptozoology for me - the human factor that makes it all possible.  I think back to my believer days and for me I think it had something to do with rebellion - with believing in something outside of the mainstream.  I'm not so egocentric though to believe that is the case for everyone.

Is believing in Bigfoot or Nessie for some analogous to believing in a God for others?  Is it that part of the human psyche at play or is it something else?

These are the true questions of Crypto for me.

#12    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postevancj, on 13 October 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

The biggest crypto mystery to me is; why people continue to believe in these silly fairytales.

Why is it fairy tales? It's a science....the search for animals whose existence has not been proven. Giant Pandas are real, and they were discovered by cryptozoologists. Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they don't exist....sightings are increasing all the time!

#13    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

For me it's the Loch Ness Monster. I've had a look for her myself, found nothing, but Loch Ness has an eerie feel to it and it wouldn't surprise me if there was a creature living there that we haven't yet proven.

#14    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

The biggest mystery to me is the fact that people keep seeing things, supposedly animals, but we never get any hard evidence... That's the biggest mystery of 'em all!

But, assuming these things actually DO exist, I've always had a weak spot for sea serpents, Loch Ness and Bigfoot. I remember looking through a book we had when I was a child, taking it with me to school to show my friends and all. That's when my interest in these sort of things.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

#15    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,760 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostBling, on 13 October 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Why is it fairy tales? It's a science....the search for animals whose existence has not been proven.

Here is a list of scientific disciplines. Take a look at it and let me know if you find cryptozology on it.

http://chemistry.abo...a/ologylist.htm

Giant Pandas are real, and they were discovered by cryptozoologists.

Please, What makes you think the Chinese didn't know about pandas?  The idea of cryptozoology didn't exist when the first westerner (a french missionary) to learn about them was given a panda skin by a hunter.  

Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they don't exist....sightings are increasing all the time!

It's true that not being able to find one after all these years doesn't doesn't mean they don't exist, but it certainly does not help in the argument that they do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users